IGNORED

this ?? is for the ladies (helmet hair)

My wife loves to ride but her big hang up is helmet hair. now she has short hair and she has tried do rags & all but when we go in anywhere she ends up putting on a cap. She fusses and says "I don't ALWAYS want to have to wear a cap, I do like to look nice for u " which I"m thankful & heck she'd look good in a paper sack, okay to my question... How do u ladies deal with helmet hair?

Not much you can do. You have hair & wear a helmet you get helmet hair. Unfortunately it's just one of those things you have to deal with. Of course she could shave her head then no more helmet hair. That was a joke. I've tried all sorts of things and nothing has made a big difference. Most of us just brush it best we can and go with it.

Margaret

I just push my sunglasses on my head and smile......no one looks at your hair when you're smiling ..........and then I avoid the mirrors because I know how scary I look. Naturally curly hair straightened by the helmet is scary, very scary.

Marca now has one of those stretchy things that you can put around your neck when it gets cold, it's made of some polyester material I think. Anyways it's big enough to go right around her head and over her hair,,, keeps the hair out of her eyes and makes things look better when the helmet comes off,,, at least she is happy, but her hair is straight,, not a curl in sight.

Wife's hair, now that is why I only get to use half of my trunk. The other half contains various brushes, mirrors, butane curling iron, spray bottles, hair spray, etc. And it takes us 10 minutes to get into the DQ or restaurant when we get off the bike. But her hair looks good.

Dennis

I personaly dont worry about it, but I hear the wife fuss about it. She wears a do-rag. Brushes out when we get somewhere. I have a under armor strechy cap thing its more for heat than anything but it might help with that. I got it at one of thier outlet stores for around $8. It looks like the thing alot of the football players wear under thier helmets. Tell her she would have the same problem witha convertable, but not as much fun.

My wife loves to ride but her big hang up is helmet hair. now she has short hair and she has tried do rags & all but when we go in anywhere she ends up putting on a cap. She fusses and says "I don't ALWAYS want to have to wear a cap, I do like to look nice for u " which I"m thankful & heck she'd look good in a paper sack, okay to my question... How do u ladies deal with helmet hair?

My wife says the same thing and goes through a major "fussing" process both when she's taken the helmet off and while she's putting it on. In fact, my wife fusses so much when getting ready to ride, I could go have another coffee :whistling:

That "I do like to look nice for u" is, IMO, just their way of justifying their own dissatisfaction of how they might look "in other peoples eyes". Women are ever so conscious of how they present themselves and are constantly concerned about "what others might think about them".

With my hair at my shoulders, and it being naturally curly (curses) I do rag it, and hair tie.

Do-rag keeps my hair out of my eyes, and the hair tie keeps the hair behind me. Now taking the rag and tie out at the end of the day is a minute and a half affair with everything knotted up like fort knox. Been thinking of letting this girl I know dreadlocks the back of my head.

As for helmet hair, theirs no awesome end all be all fix... unlike Flow on TV

The wife has hair down pat her shoulder and she alway put it into a couple of pig tails to avoid the helmet hair and it also keeps the ends from getting all tangled. Once she lost one of the rubber band do dads on on of the braid so, I dug into the bike and come up with a roll of black electrical tape. Couple of raps and we were off

Some women just don't realize how good they look in a ball cap and lipstick.:cool10:

RandyA

This is true but on the other hand ... some don't realize how terrible they look in tights ... or a single colored top. Obviously those ladies wouldn't care at all about helmet hair... or would they?