IGNORED

Glossary of Terms

Guest Rev'n Ahead

Guest Rev'n Ahead

Good Day Everyone!

Just wondering if there is a glossary (list) of terms which we use on VR.org posted anywhere?

I've browsed around a lot and keep finding terms used in unique ways and then try to find, in the context, the proper definition or explanation for these terms - and am not always successful... :confused24:

So, if it is not posted anywhere, can we run a list for me and others (I assume) who want to be up-to-speed (1st Gen required apparently - good thing I have one of those). :stirthepot:

I'd like to start by posting a few words and asking those who know-it-all to fill in the common usage or definition, please.

cage: car? truck? where's this from?

scoot (er): any motorcycle?

leo: police officer? :322: where's this from?

SWAMBO: she who must always be obeyed (wife) :080402gudl_prv:

please continue this list or point me to one...

THANKS

Hope to be of help:

1st gen: The Venture was first built in 83 and continued to 91,,, then was reintroduced in 99, but was a different animal altogether, but with the same engine and name, hence 2nd generation.

Cage: Yep, your not in the open,,, your in a cage,,, could be anything with all that 'protection'

Scoot: Slang for anything on 2 wheels,,, also kind of a love term for our most loved machines.

Leo: Law Enforcement Officer

RSTD - Royal Star Tour Deluxe (2nd Gen)

RSV - Royal Star Venture (2nd Gen)

RSV - Reduced Speed Venture (2nd Gen) :duck:

RLU - Reserve Lighting Unit. (The PITA for HID conversion)

DQ - Dairy Queen (Very important to know every location in the USA:essen_018:)

Enough trouble for now, Have to get some work done.

RSTD - Royal Star Tour Deluxe (2nd Gen)

RSV - Royal Star Venture (2nd Gen)

RSV - Reduced Speed Venture (2nd Gen) :duck:

RLU - Reserve Lighting Unit. (The PITA for HID conversion)

Enough trouble for now, Have to get some work done.

RSTC Royal Star Tour Classic (Yammie Scoots between 1st and 2nd Gens)

Just don't believe the myth that as a Venture rider you have to stop at all of them; I have personally witness three (3) of them ride right by a DQ!! On the right side of the road, ....... with plenty of stopping/parking space ......

Just don't believe the myth that as a Venture rider you have to stop at all of them; I have personally witness three (3) of them ride right by a DQ!! On the right side of the road, ....... with plenty of stopping/parking space ......

Were they Canadian? They may have been looking for a Tim Horton's doughnut shop! It's a hockey thing!

Andy

Are you certain they were true Ventures and not some of those harleys that are 2nd Gen Venture wanabes.......:stirthepot::stickpoke::whistling:

stealer: where you buy 5 year old bikes for new prices

2012 Venture: Same as a 2000 Venture with different paint colors

VR.Org: a great place to make new friends and learn all kind of stuff you didn't know you didn't know

WOT = Wide Open Throttle. Something 2nd genners have to do to keep up with 1st gens that are just cruising along...:stirthepot:

Hack = a trike conversion to a regular 2 wheeler

The Boss = Freebird, or at least that's what we let him think...

MD = Maintenance Day. There are several, but the biggie is the one in June at Freebird's place

M&E = Meet and Eat. We are an eating club with a riding disorder

Boomerisms = a comment with dubious wisdom generally found at the end of a post by Boomer CPO

Mods = either Moderator or Modifications

1st Gens were 1983 to 1993................then reintroduced in 1999.

Hope to be of help:

1st gen: The Venture was first built in 83 and continued to 91,,, then was reintroduced in 99, but was a different animal altogether, but with the same engine and name, hence 2nd generation.

Cage: Yep, your not in the open,,, your in a cage,,, could be anything with all that 'protection'

Scoot: Slang for anything on 2 wheels,,, also kind of a love term for our most loved machines.

Leo: Law Enforcement Officer

Garage- place to store 1st gens and hide from wife!! :draming:

Garage, -1--A project that goes on and on , drawn out so you can get out of the house.

-2---Many adventures and tales are told about the mythical garage structure and how it will be built some day far into the future.

Brian

Hmmm looks like the moderator got moderated.:rotf::rotf::rotf:

Twinkie something you eat and your engine crankcase breather.

I'll tell ya, it's the keyboard,,,, I've been so busy lately, this new job is going to do me in,,,I'm sure of it,, well maybe,, or maybe knot.