IGNORED

aux power connector pins??

ACE50

On RSV and RSTD there is a switched aux power plug under the seat avaliable for use with small rubber plugs covering the pin holes. Does anyone know what pins to order to be able to use this? Dealer not sure what I'm talking about. Both of my bikes have it just sitting there.:detective:

I did a search because I remember someone recently posted a way to connect to the existing wire connector.... couldn't find it.

Other posts about this indicate that nobody could find the matching connector anywhere.

Best to either ignore it and run your own wires (I installed a 6 fuse block) or cut off the connector and solder into it.

Best to either ignore it and run your own wires (I installed a 6 fuse block) or cut off the connector and solder into it.

Guess I'll do that.

Wonder why Yamaha would put it there if you can't use it properly?:confused24:

They got cheaper only $50 bucks now http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/accessories/acscitemdetail/5/429/1785/12892/all/1/6193/0/detail.aspx the ad says it is for a snowmoblie but it is the same plug.

$75 in Canada - http://www.yamaha-motor.ca/accessories/accessory_details.php?item=1497&group=S&model=3144&category=87

Dollars are pretty much at par from what I last saw.

I actually used the white cord today. I kinda used V7Goose's "Easy way to use that White Power Plug by Battery" how-to. I used needle-nosed pliers to pulll the gray plugs out of the caps, then jammed in the wires of the reservoir cover switch I wanted to power. They were too big to tin (not that I can do that well, anyways). But they went in far enough that when I plugged it into the powered end, it works, and reliably. I used shrink tubing to keep them in place.

Caveats:

* I used a volt meter to determine positive and ground before I went crazy.

* The Kuryakyn Accessory Switch comes with a crap ton of in-line fuses, so I wasn't too worried about a loose connection, not that I think it is.

In short, it was a five minute puzzle and install (not including the tank removal and routing, ugh), and it was free. And it works really well. Go for it!

Dave