IGNORED

Florida Keys Spring Break Start

leo3wheel

Talked to Leo and they made it too Savannah, I was going to meet up with them but the weather is crappy and I am a wimp in thunderstorms. His wife asked him to leave his laptop behind so he asked me to let everyone know they were safe and sound waiting on the rest of the group. He says they had a great ride through the mountains and everyone had been great.

Hi Folks,

We just checked into our Hotel at Tavernier, just beyond Key Largo. Will be here two nights on our way to Key West. We had a great trip. My butt is a little sore....

Glad I stayed that extra day in Savannah. The guys from WV/Ohio hit a terrible storm with flooding rain and hail. As for me, I had sunshine all the way. We look out for each other, and do serious riding with restful breaks. We also rotate our formation spots, which makes things interesting. Nice that these guys are seasoned riders and lived/traveled here before. Makes the going painless, except for my butt.

Looks like we are down to 3 people from the original 13. Oh well, I'm here. Lots of sunshine and blue skies. Temperatures are very mild. It's wonderful to finally be here. Now it's party time......

Thanks Joe for posting the status update. Thinking of you folks......

I'll be down in Key west on Thursday morning, early, unless I see your bikes, what are you guys riding? or should I just look for the big RED trike pulling the trailer?

Our trike is red with black sides, but did not bring our trailer...... :rotf: Joe has black RSV with cooler in his trailer hitch. Steve has a Harley Heritage Softtail. Hope we see you this week.......

Hi Folks,

Went on a glass bottom boat this morning. Nice views, nice weather and nice time. We are planning to go snorkeling at 5:30 pm. After seeing all the barracuda, I'm asking myself "Really?"

We started arrangements for charter boat fishing tomorrow morning. Depends on whether we get a headcount of five. There is a couple interested in sharing, so we may go.

Had snapper for lunch. It was yummy. Would like to go to Snapper's restaurant tonight. We'll see how the guys feel. Busy down here with lots of bikes/trikes.

Change of plains, I'm leaving tomorrow morning after work, so figure me at key wesy for late afternoon. 954-309-3983, I'll call when I get down to Tavernier

Our plans are to be charter boat fishing from 6:30 am to 1:00 pm at Whale Cove, approximately mile marker 83.5. Check with harbor master or give us a call. We will then ride to Key West. Hope you can join us for the ride to Key West.

At Tampa, staying with long time friends........

We did go charter boat fishing at Whale Harbor and caught a whole lot of yellow-tail snapper. Bought a hook and cook meal at a local restaurant. Snapper was great!

Wednesday and Thursday we stayed at Papa's Hideaway at Key West. We mostly parked the bikes and walked. Walked my feet off for two days, beautiful city and met some great folks. BrakePad was an excellent tour guide. Had a wonderful stay.

We all rode back together up until we got close to Fort Lauderdale. I split off from our group and drove to Tampa. Arrived after dark last evening. Having a nice stay here. Our friends have a beautiful home. Will set off for home tomorrow.

Steve and I are sitting in Starbucks in Jacksonville, fl right before entrance to 295 waiting for the rain to stop. Will spend overnight in Saint George,SC and split up tomorrow morning. He's going to visit his grandaughters in Jacksonville, NC and I will do the last 498 miles home...

This has been the best ride ever and I promise to post some pictures when I get home...

I will make up three dvds of the pics and send. ARRRRRRRRRRRRRGH!

Had a great trip, 3,877 miles in 13 days. Did not drive three days (waiting for others at Savannah, walking at Key West and visiting friends at Palm Harbor near Tampa). Arrived home safe and sound this afternoon. :thumbsup:

Thanks Joe for putting on this wonderful event!! Enjoyed time spent with everyone in our group. Great bunch of folks!!