IGNORED

drop light bulb

mraf

I've had it. This is a plea for the name,place to buy,who makes it,LIGHT BULB for a drop light.One that lasts longer than PFZZT! :mo money: The person who named it the Drop Light couldn't have named it any better.:D I have one of those florescent drop lights it's about indestructible but they just are not as bright.:confused24:

I've had it. This is a plea for the name,place to buy,who makes it,LIGHT BULB for a drop light.One that lasts longer than PFZZT! :mo money: The person who named it the Drop Light couldn't have named it any better.:D I have one of those florescent drop lights it's about indestructible but they just are not as bright.:confused24:

Look for rough service light bulbs, they should last longer........ But we have started using LED type trouble lights, at work, much better.........

:2cents:

Guest KitCarson

That just made my day........I got so ticked over thinking about PtZZZ!!

They will do it for sure!! Almost as soon as you get the stupid bulb screwed in it is ptzzzz!! Go to any hardware store and ask for rough service bulbs.....they have a heavy wire in them.......and a coating on them.....they will last quite well. Yea I have tried LED stuff.........this and that.......the big halogen lights on a stand for work in the garage are great......but if you want a hand held.......point of work type light.....still the old drop light is the best. If anyone knows of a hand held LED that actually gives off light.....under a house after a 70 foot crawl, under a bathroom.......in the dirt and mud......let me know........I buy them.....use them one time.....throw them in the trash can when I leave the job..........they just do not produce needed light in the real world situation....for a plumber..........who is blind in one ear and cannot see out of the other.

You guys must be ruff. They only way they go PTZZZ, is when you bang them, and there turned on. If I am moving it around and might bump it I turn it off, and then turn it on when I am close to what I want to light up.

It really does help.

Brad

Those halogen lights are pretty fragile too. Don't bump those very hard when they're hot or you'll be in world of darkness.

Fluorescent light bulbs suck. They don't make as much light when they're warm, and don't even bother trying to use one when it's 10* outside. This bill going through Washington right now banning incandescent light bulbs needs to fail. Stop global Goring!

My biggest gripe with drop lights is that no matter how I hang one, it always spins around and shines right into my eyes. (Usually right after I get my hands way down into what ever it is I'm working on and can't let go to try and right it). And if you want a little excitement, try laying on your back, under a sink with the light right next to your face facing up, and let just one drop of cold water drip on the bulb. Try not to bump your head too hard..........

Guest Popeye

I remember 'Drop Lights', used them for years.

Then I got one of those stands with two 500 watt lights on it for $20.

[too much light], so I got one with a stand & one 500w light on it $25.

Now, I have 2 more of those 500w lights without the stand, $7. each that adjust in 90*.

With the 4 of 'em, I can light up anything in my garage....they put off a lot of heat, though. [also got a handful of extra 500w bulbs for $1. each, but rarely ever need one].

sometimes, the best tool is the wife holding a good flashlight.

Then I got one of those stands with two 500 watt lights on it for $20.

[too much light], so I got one with a stand & one 500w light on it $25.

sometimes, the best tool is the wife holding a good flashlight.

May I ask why you did not just take one bulb out of the two lights you had instead of spending 25 bucks for a single light. And if you wanted just a single light you could have spend 20 bucks, and got two single lights :rotf::rotf:

Also were you calling your wife a tool or the flashlight ? :stirthepot::sign20:

Brad

If anyone knows of a hand held LED that actually gives off light.....under a house after a 70 foot crawl, under a bathroom.......in the dirt and mud......let me know........

Here is a US link that I just found, for the lights. http://www.sjdiscounttools.com/manufacturers-atd-tools.html

The mini is what we started using in the repair shop, need to order more so there is one per tool box. It gets the most use, since we got it.........

ATD-80102

Saber Light 18-LED MINI

Rechargeable Cordless Work Light

• UL-approved wall plug

• 2-3 hours run time on full charge

• Includes handy belt-mount holster

But if you need longer run times

ATD-80106

Saber Light 60-LED

Rechargeable

Cordless Work Light

“THE SABER LIGHT” CORDLESS RECHARGEABLE

& CORDED LED WORK LIGHTS

• Throw it, drop it! No other LED light is tougher!

• 600 mAh battery, 8-10 hours of runtime on a full charge

• Hooks rotate 360° for total hanging versatility

• Red and green charge indicator lights

• Removable base hook

• Triple hex design prevents rolling

• Includes A/C wall charger

• Leave it plugged in - you can’t overcharge!

• When your battery runs down - plug it in and keep using the light!

• Save your battery! Auto shut-off prevents full battery rundown

Guest KitCarson
Here is a US link that I just found, for the lights. http://www.sjdiscounttools.com/manufacturers-atd-tools.html

The mini is what we started using in the repair shop, need to order more so there is one per tool box. It gets the most use, since we got it.........

ATD-80102

Saber Light 18-LED MINI

• UL-approved wall plug

ATD-80106

Saber Light 60-LED

Rechargeable

Cordless Work Light

& CORDED LED WORK LIGHTS

• Removable base hook

Thanks Rockett.....I will try one....tried about everything else.......local dealer for them is Mann Tool.......not far from me.......will go look at them.

I have a drop light from Sears, florescent with twin bulbs and two switches, low and high. Provides plenty of light and is so far indestructible. I tried some severe duty bulbs and they went Psszzzt! almost as fast as regular bulbs, but they were a lot more expensive.

Forget LED units, I do have one that is cordless, but even though it has something like 50 led's it will only light up about a 6 square inch space and then only if close too it. Still, it comes in handy if I need something without a cord. Blueish light is also hard to see with my almost 60 year old eyes and glasses.

ATD-80102

Saber Light 18-LED MINI

• UL-approved wall plug

ATD-80106

Saber Light 60-LED

Rechargeable

Cordless Work Light

& CORDED LED WORK LIGHTS

• Removable base hook

i have a couple of "flashlights", made be sabrelite!

they are "hands down", the very best lights i have ever owned.

either the incandescent, or led's!

just jt