IGNORED

Getting ready to get a RSV but?

Dawg

I am getting ready to get an RSV, when I do I am planning on changing the pipes to Bub's sleeper slip ons. When I did my Vstar V1100, I also changed out the air kit to a Baron's Big Air kit. Is that recommend for the RSV as well? Or is there a need to? I know that when I did my Vstar they told me that my performance would increase by 17%..which it did. But they also told me that I could lose some gase mileage. In fact my gas milage increased. We just came off of a long run and I was averaging 49 mpg. I guess my main question is wether or not you should change out the air kit as well.

:cool10:

I am getting ready to get an RSV, when I do I am planning on changing the pipes to Bub's sleeper slip ons. When I did my Vstar V1100, I also changed out the air kit to a Baron's Big Air kit. Is that recommend for the RSV as well? Or is there a need to? I know that when I did my Vstar they told me that my performance would increase by 17%..which it did. But they also told me that I could lose some gase mileage. In fact my gas milage increased. We just came off of a long run and I was averaging 49 mpg. I guess my main question is wether or not you should change out the air kit as well.

:cool10:

Too bad you don't like loud, not that mine on my 99 RSV are that loud. I have the Baron Nasty Boys, but a buddy of mind has the 4x4's, and his are louder than mine. But I wanted a little bit more push, and I got it. Put the K&N filters on with it, no rejetting was needed, and I picked up 12 more hp, and I'm getting 2 to 3 more mpg. One of my buddy's did the Bub's, and had his rejetted, and he ran into problems, as he only got 27 mpg. In any case, I'm sure there's someone on here that has done it, and can give you the right advice, so :080402gudl_prv: , and have a nice day.