IGNORED

To all N. Ga and other VR friends, looking forward to upcoming ride season

Dragonslayer

Sunday night the clocks sprang forward an hour. Here in Atlanta the daffodils, jonquils and tulips have popped up and the Bradford pears are approaching full bloom. The weather guessers are forecasting 80 degrees this week, my floral Hawaiian shirts are finding their way to the front of the closet and my throttle hand has started to quiver.

All of which are sure signs that riding season is upon us. With that in mind I am now motivated to complete my annual winter retrofit, maintenance and mod upgrade projects on the bike and look forward with adventure in my heart and planning on my mind for my Spring and Summer road trip schedule to catch up with old and new VR friends.

Since I'm getting started a little too late to make Daytona Spring Bike Week :doh:and I don't anticipate having enough accrued vacation and cash flow to do Sturgis again this year. So far this is what I'm thinking as doable

It might be about time to resurrect a N. Ga M&E day run and/or maintenance Day.

In the next 4 to 6 weeks Myself and my friend Richard (Owner of the 07 Midnight Venture loaner I've been riding for the past two years) have tentatively planned a back roads route trip from Atlanta to St. Mary's/King bay, Coastal Georgia for a three day weekend trip.

Free bird's Ohio Maintenance Day for sure this year in early June.

The Western NY International Rally if at all possible.

Isn't this a off year for Vogel and has anybody mentioned a Asheville M&E.

Until then and most any decent weekend in between I'm up for a day trip or weekend overnighter within range.

The point being what are y'all planning.:7_6_3[1]: Who's game to come with or invite to whatever rides you may be planning within my doable range:thumbsup2:, work schedule:bang head: and available disposable resources.:mo money:

Bob,

Good idea

there's a M&E this Saturday March 17. The March on Rome is happening.

And Steve Wagner has scheduled the north Georgia maintenance day for March 31st.

schedule a M&E and they will come (or at least ride).

I'm planning on going to both the Freebird MD and the International in NY. We can ride together and stop at all the Eagle Lodges along the route. Keep me in the loop for your ride down to St.Marys.

Edited by RandyR

Sunday night the clocks sprang forward an hour. Here in Atlanta the daffodils, jonquils and tulips have popped up and the Bradford pears are approaching full bloom. The weather guessers are forecasting 80 degrees this week, my floral Hawaiian shirts are finding their way to the front of the closet and my throttle hand has started to quiver.

All of which are sure signs that riding season is upon us. With that in mind I am now motivated to complete my annual winter retrofit, maintenance and mod upgrade projects on the bike and look forward with adventure in my heart and planning on my mind for my Spring and Summer road trip schedule to catch up with old and new VR friends.

Since I'm getting started a little too late to make Daytona Spring Bike Week :doh:and I don't anticipate having enough accrued vacation and cash flow to do Sturgis again this year. So far this is what I'm thinking as doable

It might be about time to resurrect a N. Ga M&E day run and/or maintenance Day.

In the next 4 to 6 weeks Myself and my friend Richard (Owner of the 07 Midnight Venture loaner I've been riding for the past two years) have tentatively planned a back roads route trip from Atlanta to St. Mary's/King bay, Coastal Georgia for a three day weekend trip.

Free bird's Ohio Maintenance Day for sure this year in early June.

The Western NY International Rally if at all possible.

Until then and most any decent weekend in between I'm up for a day trip or weekend overnighter within range.

The point being what are y'all planning.:7_6_3[1]: Who's game to come with or invite to whatever rides you may be planning within my doable range:thumbsup2:, work schedule:bang head: and available disposable resources.:mo money:

don't know exactly which Asheville you are referring to. have made plenty of post on the Asheville 2012 and all so plenty of meet and eats. in the meet and eat section and in the calender. also listed NC members and surrounding areas.

Bob,

Good idea

there's a M&E this Saturday March 17. The March on Rome is happening.

And Steve Wagner has scheduled the north Georgia maintenance day for March 31st.

schedule a M&E and they will come (or at least ride).

I'm planning on going to both the Freebird MD and the International in NY. We can ride together and stop at all the Eagle Lodges along the route. Keep me in the loop for your ride down to St.Marys.

That's Great Randy, :thumbsup2: I was not trying to, corner you or put you on the spot, but, I was hoping and counting on you as i wrote the post and you read my FR**king mind.

Count me in this Saturday and send me place and time info to hook up. I'm there on time, gassed up and ready to :7_6_3[1]: I'll call Blackjack and see if he is up for it.

As far as I know at this time I'm in for the rest of it too.

Now who else is game?

don't know exactly which Asheville you are referring to. have made plenty of post on the Asheville 2012 and all so plenty of meet and eats. in the meet and eat section and in the calender. also listed NC members and surrounding areas.

Your Asheville at the KOA Lillie Pond of course. That's the only one I'm familar with. I got it my list for sure.

ok. Lets meet at the Dairy Queen in Cumming, GA at 8:30am for breakfast

KSU at 9:00am

The Dairy Queen is on GA20 and GA9, 103 Atlanta Road.

We'll ride GA20 to Canton, then take GA140 to Waleska, Adairsville, then pick up GA 53 into Rome. Hows that sound?

Let me know who wants to ride together?

I want to be at Fuddruckers by 11:45am. Lunch at noon. I have NOT reserved a room, since there aren't enough of us for that. So I'll just go in and throw my helmet on a big table to reserve it a few minutes early.

Randy

That's Great Randy, :thumbsup2: I was not trying to, corner you or put you on the spot, but, I was hoping and counting on you as i wrote the post and you read my FR**king mind.

Count me in this Saturday and send me place and time info to hook up. I'm there on time, gassed up and ready to :7_6_3[1]: I'll call Blackjack and see if he is up for it.

As far as I know at this time I'm in for the rest of it too.

Now who else is game?

hope to see all that can make it to my place on the 31st for M/D

the address is:

31 Briarwood drive

Cleveland Ga. 30528

my Ph # is 770-630-0973

Starting around 8 till 5

Steve

Ps: they opened a new DQ in town :) I will have hot dogs, bean, chips and coffee and soft drinks.

This sucks!!! I have to work Saturday but I'll be riding some time this week. I have a funeral mission for the PGR on Friday but I hope to get to the mountains Thursday. If you guys get hungry stop at the Applebee's in Dawsonville. I'll be there until 5 Saturday. Ride safe.

the address is:

31 Briarwood drive

Cleveland Ga. 30528

my Ph # is 770-630-0973

Starting around 8 till 5

Steve

Ps: they opened a new DQ in town :) I will have hot dogs, bean, chips and coffee and soft drinks.

I'm there, I hope I'll be able to be on the 87 VR by then I really would like to talk through the new programable TCI with some of you motorhead geeks. But it looks like I have a starter clutch problem to fix by then.

This sucks!!! I have to work Saturday but I'll be riding some time this week. I have a funeral mission for the PGR on Friday but I hope to get to the mountains Thursday. If you guys get hungry stop at the Applebee's in Dawsonville. I'll be there until 5 Saturday. Ride safe.

That does suck for you, sorry but, I'll talk to RandyR about stopping by Dawsonville on the way back. He has to go back that way and I can too. I've been wanting to talk to you anyway about the PGR missions.

Bob, let me know when you make the St. Marys trip. I may be able to drive up there by then. Its about 45 miles for me.
You got it, It would be great to have you hook with us. Our final destination in St Mary's is the St. Mary's Fraternal Order of Eagles club for the Saturday night Dinner/Dance activities

Chip, I hope to be able to take Friday off for that mission also, so I'll see you then.

the address is:

31 Briarwood drive

Cleveland Ga. 30528

my Ph # is 770-630-0973

Starting around 8 till 5

Steve

Steve, I have had this on my calendar for awhile, and looking forward to my first M/D here in GA. I think I need a carb tune more than anything else, but I'm hoping a few of you more knowledgeable guys can take a look at a few other possible issues I'm having. Nothing major. See y'all then.

ok. Lets meet at the Dairy Queen in Cumming, GA at 8:30am for breakfast

KSU at 9:00am

The Dairy Queen is on GA20 and GA9, 103 Atlanta Road.

We'll ride GA20 to Canton, then take GA140 to Waleska, Adairsville, then pick up GA 53 into Rome. Hows that sound?

Let me know who wants to ride together?

I want to be at Fuddruckers by 11:45am. Lunch at noon. I have NOT reserved a room, since there aren't enough of us for that. So I'll just go in and throw my helmet on a big table to reserve it a few minutes early.

Randy

Randy, if the stars align properly for me on Saturday, I am going to try to make the M & E in Rome. If you see me along the way (two-tone Silver '99 RSV, white half helmet, black jacket or vest), especially on SR 20 in the Canton area, I'll be on ch. 3 on the CB, or just give me a waive. Otherwise, I'll see you at F-ruckers.

That does suck for you, sorry but, I'll talk to RandyR about stopping by Dawsonville on the way back. He has to go back that way and I can too. I've been wanting to talk to you anyway about the PGR missions.

yep. we can do that. Just ride 53 all the way to GA400 on the way home. Which is a nice ride too.

the address is:

31 Briarwood drive

Cleveland Ga. 30528

my Ph # is 770-630-0973

Starting around 8 till 5

Steve

I hope to make this too. I work Friday night and won't get off until about 4am but if I can get out of bed I may be able to get there for the afternoon.

That would be great. It would be great to see you guys.