IGNORED

To all my friends 5 miles north of me!

Iowawegian

Just in case ya didn't know...

http://f1618.mail.yahoo.com/ya/download?mid=1%5f159%5fAKTSi2IAAMM6T14XiACnqmizezs&pid=2.2&fid=Inbox&inline=1&appid=YahooMailClassic

Minnesota became the 32nd state on May 11, 1858 and was originally settled by a lost tribe of

Swedes & Norwegians seeking refuge from the searing heat of Wisconsin 's winters.

Minnesota gets it's name from the Sioux Indian word "mah-nee-soo-tah," meaning,

"No, really...!!!! They eat fish soaked in lye."

The state song of Minnesota is "Someday the Vikings will... Aw, never mind."

The Mall of America in Bloomington , Minnesota covers 9.5 million square feet and has enough

space to hold 185,000 idiot teenagers yapping away on cell phones.

Madison, Minnesota is known as "the lutefisk capital of the world." Avoid this city at all costs.

"The Mary Tyler Moore Show" was set in Minneapolis , Minnesota , and was

Mary's first real acting job since leaving the "Dick van Dyke Show. The show about a single woman's

struggle to find happiness in the big city was originally titled "Life Without Dick,"

but that was changed for some reason.

Downtown Minneapolis has an enclosed skyway system covering 52 blocks, allowing people to live,

work, eat, and sleep without ever going outside. The only downside to this that a Norwegian occasionally turns up missing.

Cartoonist Charles M. Shultz was born in Minneapolis , Minnesota and grew up in St. Paul .

He was the only artist to accurately depict the perfectly circular heads of Minnesota natives.

The Hormel Company of Austin , Minnesota produces 6 million cans of Spam a year, even though no one actually eats it.

Spam is a prized food in Japan & Hawaii--Spam sushi!!

Minnesota license plates are blue & white and contain the phrase "Blizzards on the 4th of July - you get used to it."

Frank C. Mars, founder of the Mars Candy Co. was born in Newport, Minnesota . His 3 Musketeers candy bar originally

contained three bars in one wrapper, each filled with a different flavor of nougat -chocolate, Spam and lutefisk.

Tonka trucks continue to be manufactured in Minnetonka, Minnesota, despite the thousands of

GI Joe dolls killed by them annually in rollover accidents. No airbags, no seat belts. These things are deathtraps, I tell ya!

Author Laura Ingalls Wilder was raised at Walnut Grove, Minnesota, and was famous for writing the

"Little House" series of books, as well as inventing the "Spam diet" which consists of looking at a plate of

Spam until you lose your appetite. Much like the "lutefisk diet"

The snowmobile was invented in Roseau , Minnesota so as to allow families a means of attending 4th of July picnics

Minnesotans are almost indistinguishable from Wisconsinites. The only way to tell them apart is to ask if they voted for Mondale in '84.

Now... it's up to you to forward this to all your friends If one of them does not forward it to others,

he/she will be given an entrance pin to attend the Eelpout Festival in Walker, MN....in February --

Cold is a relative thing ya know....

At 65 degrees, Arizonans turn on the heat. People in Minnesota plant gardens.

At 60, Californians shiver uncontrollably. People in Minnesota sunbathe.

At 50, Italian & English cars won't start. People in Minnesota drive with the windows down..

At 40, Georgians don coats, thermal underwear, gloves, wool hats. People in Minnesota throw on a flannel shirt.

At 35, New York landlords finally turn up the heat. People in Minnesota have the last cookout before it gets cold.

At 20, People in Miami all die. Minnesotans close their windows.

At 0, Californians fly away to Mexico . People in Minnesota get out their winter coats.

At 10 below zero, Hollywood disintegrates. The Girl Scouts in Minnesota are selling cookies door to door.

At 20 below, Washington DC runs out of hot air. (Ya think? Nah.). People in Minnesota let their dogs sleep indoors.

At 30 below, Santa Claus abandons the North Pole. Minnesotans get upset because they can't start the snowmobile.

At 40 below, ALL atomic motion stops. People in Minnesota start saying..."Cold enough for ya, eh?"

At 50 below, hell freezes over. Minnesota public schools will open 2 hours late.

At least you did not flag it as lutefisk :confused07:

I don't think there is a day goes by that I don't learn something new on this site...

"lutefisk" ... never heard of it before....

It is made from aged stockfish (air-dried whitefish) or dried/salted whitefish (klippfisk) and lye (lut). It is gelatinous in texture, and has an extremely strong, pungent odor. Its name literally means "lye fish."

I don't think there is a day goes by that I don't learn something new on this site...

"lutefisk" ... never heard of it before....

It is made from aged stockfish (air-dried whitefish) or dried/salted whitefish (klippfisk) and lye (lut). It is gelatinous in texture, and has an extremely strong, pungent odor. Its name literally means "lye fish."

Go ahead ...... give it a try. :rotf:

First of all my father in law was a Swede and loved the stuff. I discovered this AFTER marrying his daughter. If I had known........

But years back I worked for a food distribution company and every year they had a huge food fair at the civic center here. Around 200 suppliers set up and set out their wares for tasting. I always had to work the main floor and visit each booth and make sure every one was doing ok and kept folks busy. With 200 vendors handing out samples of about every kind of food you can imagine it was not a place for a guy with an appetite. Over three days I'd be punching holes in my belt.

The biggest perk for me was at the end of the fair I always had connections that would hand over left overs that had not be used. Cases of it sometimes. Smokes meats, cheeses of every kind, poppers and deli items would be crammed in my fridge when I got home.

But every year, every time .... there was one vendor that had almost as much product on hand at the end as they had when the arrived. Yep.... the lutefisk folks. You could tell early on that things were not going well for them as every trash bin within 50 feet of the booth was just well, rank.

I have had to eat a handful of Habanero peppers and a couple of onions to reboot my taste buds after eating that stuff.

I guess the midwest was not a huge market for those folks. Can't understand why. :whistling:

Mike

Go ahead ...... give it a try. :rotf:

I have had to eat a handful of Habanero peppers and a couple of onions to reboot my taste buds after eating that stuff.

Mike

If I ate either one or both of your "reboot" remedies I'd be doubled over with severe gastro-intestinal pains so considering that, it's highly unlikely I'll be trying the lutefisk!!

If I ate either one or both of your "reboot" remedies I'd be doubled over with severe gastro-intestinal pains so considering that, it's highly unlikely I'll be trying the lutefisk!!

Good choice!! The severe gastro-intestinal pains are the prefered way out. After dinner mints don't cut it. :crackup:

Tonka trucks continue to be manufactured in Minnetonka, Minnesota, despite the thousands of

GI Joe dolls killed by them annually in rollover accidents. No airbags, no seat belts. These things are deathtraps, I tell ya!

Just about fell out of my chair on that one.:rotfl::rotfl:

Thanks Deb