IGNORED

Dead Left rear Cylinder

Did you check for spark on the end of the wire, or is the cylinder just not firing. To check for spark, attach a used plug on the end of the wire, lay it on the engine, crank the engine and see if it sparks.

I did, even put a new cap on the wire and cleaned the resistor and spring in the other caps.

I went back and re-checked, pulled the plug cap, inserted a nail into the plug wire and have a good blue spark, replaced the cap, put a spark plug in it, again a good spark. Put cap back on plug in the cylinder and it still doesn't light the fire (cold exh. pipe) :think:

I went back and re-checked, pulled the plug cap, inserted a nail into the plug wire and have a good blue spark, replaced the cap, put a spark plug in it, again a good spark. Put cap back on plug in the cylinder and it still doesn't light the fire (cold exh. pipe) :think:

Now it seems to me that you have a fuel problem, so while the bike is running, spray some WD40 into the intake for that cylinder, if you notice a difference then you have a non-functioning carb.

After all this BS I rechecked the plug gap on the new plug and it was too small, re-gapped it to .035 and it seems to have been it ! The cylinder fires now and the pipe is getting hot, BUT, it doesn't heat up as fast as the other three ! What's up wit dat?

After all this BS I rechecked the plug gap on the new plug and it was too small, re-gapped it to .035 and it seems to have been it ! The cylinder fires now and the pipe is getting hot, BUT, it doesn't heat up as fast as the other three ! What's up wit dat?

Now it needs a good dose of Seafoam, seems that one carb may still have a little issue, or you might need to do a carb sync, might help as well.

Now it needs a good dose of Seafoam, seems that one carb may still have a little issue, or you might need to do a carb sync, might help as well.

Carb sync and float levels were just done 3 weeks ago. Carbs are clean. It get seafoam every 3rd tank or so.