IGNORED

Which battery are you all getting now days?

I have an 1987 Venture Royale and seem to replace my battery too often. Granted I do not ride it enough, so part of it is my fault. Anyway, if I were to go with a sealed battery it does not allow for my sensor. Then again what is the worst that will happen, the dummy warning will just blink all the time?

I'd also like to get one soon rather than order it, so are there any common places to pick one up such as a K-Mart, Autozone, etc.?

The DEKA AGM is the battery with a strong following right now. It is American made and very reasonable on price for the quality of it. Very tough battey. I'm headed into my 4th season on mine on my '84 with no issues.

The DEKA AGM, like other AGM's is very slow to discharge when not used often. It is a 12.8 volt battery so it pops the V4 right over very quickly. These bikes love their juice as you probably already know.

You can check with bohannonbattery.com for more info or PM skydoc_17 here on the site as he sells them also.

But for under a $100.00 you can't find a stronger battery with the CCA's that surpass most the others out there.

With the sealed cell battery you need to build a sensor bypass to replace the probe for battery. Matter of a couple bucks of parts from Radio Shack. No more blinky. There are a few posts around here to help you create one.

As far a buying a DEKA locally I know some members have run across them at local auto supply shops under different labels for decent prices. I'm sure someone will pop in with that info for you. What ever the label...... make sure it's Amercan made. If so, it's probably made by DEKA.

I thinks Autozone was one to the places but I can's say for sure.

Mike

Edited by Snaggletooth

In my area Advance Auto sells the Deka under the MagnaPower label. If you use promo code "VISA" you can get $30 off. Ends up being $70.99. Not bad.

Hey Thanks!!!!!!! Just ordered on line here in Tampa Florida . You can go 2 ways get 15% off

$76.49 CODE MA15 and they give you a $25 coupon off next $50 purchase or get it for the 30% off using the VISA code $69.25 the core charge is still there I believe, because the math in't right for 30% discount (89.99 - 30% = 62.99 ) so I'll find out when I go to store to pick up battery.