IGNORED

We've been Ventured!!!

octoberboy

:big-grin-emoticon:

Steamer and RocknRobin "sold it, sold it, sold it" and we "bought it, bought it, bought it."

?ui=2&ik=0f124c1205&view=att&th=135e043652d86d56&attid=0.1&disp=thd&zw

It was a bit of a sloppy, snowy 13 hour day, but when all was said and done we really didn't give hoot about what the weather had been. We got home with two new additions; one a bike the other a friend. What more could you ask for? However the next time we do a trip thata way, it will be sunny and on just 2 wheels. :)

Let the Ventures begin....:dancefool:

Nice bike and welcome to the site.

FYI, and you can tell me to mind my own business if you want, but I wouldn't ever use that rear crash bar to tie my bike down. They bend real easy. I think the cross bar under the back of the rear fender is a better choice. I also put a strap around the passenger floor boards towards the front to keep the bike pulled into the tire chock.

Thanks all. It is a really nice bike.

Working on our calendar to be able to get to the international for 2 or 3 days. Looking forward to meeting people.

Thanks for the thoughts on the tie down Gary. Will store that in the back of my noodle.

We made it home, about 300 miles, and everything looked fine. We took the easier, flatter, straighter, longer route home though. Was sort of surprised that even with the bike, which added about 10% to our weight, as well as averaging about 65 mph rather than 60, we got about 15% better MPG's. Didn't offset the additional toll charges but cetainly made of a nice overall ride home.