IGNORED

Smokin' a Fatty

flb_78

2lbs of sausage wrapped in bacon and given a good dry rub tossed on the Traeger for a little over 2 hrs. I also have some boneless pork ribs and a turkey leg still on the Traeger finishing up. I smoked my first ribs last weekend and they turned out excellent.

Im liking my new grill/smoker!!:cool10:

I built my own smoker and my favorite is beef brisket and it is not expensive. The secret is slowwww cook and inject lots of beef boullion for moisture and a hand rub. I ussually take twenty hours to complete the brisket. I will be doing a butcher"s brisket in a couple weeks for our small neighborhood. That is about 15 pounds and my neigbor on my left is doing pork butts on his smoker. Mmmmmm Can't wait.

:farmer:

I've looked for brisket around here and if it ain't corned, no one knows what the heck I'm talking about. There are no butcher shops around here. Everything comes into the supermarket in a box.

Guess I'm gonna have to raise my own calf (and pig).

Take a ride up here, lots of good butcher shops around.

or

My uncle owns a farm, he raises beef cattle, sheep and pigs. He would love to sell you one or more.:mo money: dead or alive or even butchered, wrapped and frozen.

My cholesterol went up 10 points just looking at those pics.... Hmmm... Gotta give that one a try.. :) I picked up a Kamoto Smoker at an auction a couple of months ago for $35 bucks.... nice way to break it in...

http://lh5.googleusercontent.com/public/cA9iAoNS7hLb_7yg0jU5ezLzdErI6vj10XbgdxTJCuiYTjc9DexNkjO30uZu1khODK-x9GnyswgYPWfm_tqAI7_IWm5XdFGjx7v8B_MAn4t81IFUToo8xTy0BMRHd5s4iNHD4sWybCXZUHKQVaMaJoX8ap426K0BxvOK94iR9o4puj00Qr5iGdk

I've looked for brisket around here and if it ain't corned, no one knows what the heck I'm talking about. There are no butcher shops around here. Everything comes into the supermarket in a box.

Guess I'm gonna have to raise my own calf (and pig).

Hey Prairiehammer, there is a Costco in Mt Prospect, IL and they should have brisket.

Do you know anyone that has a membership? If so have them buy the untrimmed vacuumed packed one. They will have to ask someone in the meat dept for it.

:080402gudl_prv:

Flb 78

How you like that Traeger grill/smoker? A friend of mine got the midsized one and he loves that thing so much I don't think he has cooked in his kitchen in months. I want to get one but I am having trouble getting the boss to approve the funds.

Flb 78

How you like that Traeger grill/smoker? A friend of mine got the midsized one and he loves that thing so much I don't think he has cooked in his kitchen in months. I want to get one but I am having trouble getting the boss to approve the funds.

Im lovin' it. This is only my 2nd week with it, but last weekend I smoked up a bunch of ribs that came out excellent. It makes the best tasting burger Ive ever had off a grill.

You just have to remember that it's indirect heat, so it takes about twice as long to grill on it compared to a standard grill.

But as a smoker, it's great, just set the temperature and walk away. You don't have to sit there and play with the fire to keep a proper temperature.

I found mine used on Craigslist for half the price of a new one.

Prairiehammer, check at the meat counter at Wally World, they have about the least expensive brisket and I have gotten more than a few there. I smoke them on my traeger and on a smoker with apple wood. The treager was a hand me down with some issues but when it works, it works great. . .