IGNORED

Which would you choose?

octoberboy

OK. I haven't forgotten about this and while it was a "What if", it was with a purpose.

Besides being a lot of fun I noticed an interesting trend, at least for me.

If you add up all the little award icons for each of you who picked it worked out that:

The RSV 2000 voters had 23 awards

The RSV 2007 voters had 1 award

My take away is that members with awards have been around the site longer and I trust recieved their awards, either directly or indirectly, based on RSV knowledge and experience. That seems to strongly suggests that a 5 year warranty, while reassuing to have and probably a very good selling feature for Yamaha, is not that significant in selecting an RSV. Therefore selection can be reasonably based less on the size of your wallet and more on mileage, maintenance, and COLOR. And if you are saving :mo money: by buying an older bike, the amount of add-ons are a bit less important as you'll have the $$$ to add what you want. :dancefool:

Thanks all for your contributions!!!

One option is to save even more money, have more fun, have a faster bike, have more class, impress your fellow riders with your knowledge and intellect and buy a nice 1st Gen.

You get the best of all worlds and morph into a better, more loving crowd.... :happy65:

Just a thought...:detective:

But, as they said in the movie..

"A 1st Gen..??? You can't handle a 1st Gen !!" :no-no-no:

At least that's how I heard it....

man... are you ever disillusioned ... :stickpoke: :stickpoke: :rotfl: :witch_brew: