IGNORED

Which would you choose?

octoberboy

Both well maintained take the 2000. use the extra money for a nice long trip. safety chrome is overated. They are the same bike except the year they were painted and assembled. the warrenty is only good until the month that the bike was purchased, so if the bike was bought in january there isn't any.:whistling: i'm just saying.

I'd tend to lean towards the 07 because of the warranty but as mentioned how much longer does the warranty go? $3500/# months left.

What are the tires like on the 2000? Original? Remember tires should be replaced by age as well as wear. Same with fluids, how much will it cost you to replace all fluids? Are brakes worn more on one than the other (wear depends on rider).

What are the differences in chrome and accessories? Consider that the accessories could be more valuable on one bike vs the other.

Colour can be another determining factor. If you don't like the colour of one of them that would be a major determining factor too.

Good luck with either !

It is threads like this that prove that these bike are the beast! We are just about split on which bike to get and there is seven years difference. Name a car that this type of discussion would be happening with (and I'm talking about normal cars not collector types)

I have two 06's and a 03 came available just up the road from me and I had to think hard. All because of the color.... Paint.!!!! REALLY???? See what I mean.

We all ride great bikes in the TDs/Ventures. Yes I really like GW's but I just don't fit on them like these..

My choice of the two would be the one with the least mileage....If a all the rest was equal. The rest is not important to me cause the bikes are what they are.:thumbsup2:

Hello: When I purchased my 05 RSTD, the remaining warranty interested me and gave me piece of mind. I had never spent that much money on a motorcycle before. But now after owning a Yamaha and discovering how reliable they are. I think I would lean towards the 2000 model. It will do just as much as the 2007. Save the difference and take a memorable trip!!!!! Not going to go wrong either way. Good luck. Keep us posted.:)

One option is to save even more money, have more fun, have a faster bike, have more class, impress your fellow riders with your knowledge and intellect and buy a nice 1st Gen.

You get the best of all worlds and morph into a better, more loving crowd.... :happy65:

Just a thought...:detective:

But, as they said in the movie..

"A 1st Gen..??? You can't handle a 1st Gen !!" :no-no-no:

At least that's how I heard it....