IGNORED

sanding/painting

Yamamike

Awright... finally have the paint done (other that fixing a couple runs in the clear). Re-assembly time...woohoo!!! Photos don't do it justice but whadayall think of the colour?

The clear coat was the only place I had any runs as well. It was tougher to tell how much I was putting on.

The mixing part is very easy with the cups Sherwin Williams had. There are a series of 'charts' on the mixing cups so that different ratios and different amounts can be accurately combined. I think it was the clear coat that took 3 ingredients. Sherwin also supplied printed instructions for each of primer, color & clear products that detailed the mixing ratios, pot life, recoating times etc.

As I mentioned earlier, a decent charcoal resperator is a must have item. Mine was under $20 bucks new off ebay.

I also got a cloth hood that covered head to keep paint off some. Lowes had them for under $5.

Also attached datasheets for color paint so you can see info you get. For a Sherwin Williams product, you need to go to an automotive paint outlet, they also have house paint stores, but they are two totally different stores.

Gary