IGNORED

Motorist cleared on careless diving

muaymendez1

Sounds like Englands courts are very much like the American judicial system. The driver (who was uninsured!!!) that killed a motorcyclist can't be held responsible because her tire were mismatched. IN-FREAKING-CREDIBLE! I'm sure that makes the victims family all warm and fuzzy.

Sounds like Englands courts are very much like the American judicial system. The driver (who was uninsured!!!) that killed a motorcyclist can't be held responsible because her tire were mismatched. IN-FREAKING-CREDIBLE! I'm sure that makes the victims family all warm and fuzzy.

It would seem to me a maxim that the driver is responsible for the proper care and maintenance of their vehicle. If it is not their vehicle, they still have the responsibility to be sure it is safe to operate before taking it onto public roads.

This would include ensuring that proper tires are installed. Still the driver's fault in any rational legal system.

Oh - right - England.... sorry, answered my own question....

Sorry... but I see the Prosecutor's point.

- wasn't her car so she wasn't responsible for the mis-matched tires

- they couldn't prove that her losing control was due to careless driving or because of the mis-matched tires. The Defense would have argued that the tires caused her to lose control.... prove otherwise

- article didn't say that she had been driving recklessly... only that she had just passed someone

Much as I hate that a rider has died... but from the Prosecution's point of view they probably felt they couldn't win on the higher charge. Better for them to settle for the lesser guilty verdict.

Hopefully she (and her brother who owned the car) carry this death with them for a long time.

Typical bs....that's why we see so many crashes with cars using their donut spare (sarcastically saying). Apprently she didnt notice the difference prior to the crash, she obviously kept driving it till she crashed. Politics is still very much alive and well.

I watched a woman watching me write a ticket run into the back of another car. I wrote her for careless operation and had it video and the judge dismissed it. Her defense was he cut in front of her, which he did change lanes per state law, she just wasn't watching him. You can tell when it's a bro-n- law deal in court.

:mad: :sign yeah that: :bang head:

Jeez Louise!

So if I pick up a gun and it goes off and kills someone its not my fault???

Guns don't kill... people do.

BUT.... if it isn't your gun and someone else loaded it and you didn't know.... think you are not guilty.

Mind you.... aren't there some States where you can shoot anyone that steps on your property (trespass?). One of your "Amendments" isn't it? (not bashing.... just kidding around !)

At least in Canada we have a "long gun" registry to keep us safe. Never mind hand guns... only register those weapons that you can't hide !

Guns don't kill... people do.

Mind you.... aren't there some States where you can shoot anyone that steps on your property (trespass?). One of your "Amendments" isn't it? (not bashing.... just kidding around !)

!

No. You're not allowed to shoot the mailman if he's delivering your monthly check.

"One of the car’s front tyres was the type originally fitted to the model as standard. The other was a later version from the same tyre manufacturer. The two Goodyear tyres are not recommended for use together on the car."

So if the original tire is no longer manufactured we just dont drive the vehicle any more?...... No we get a suitable tire and go on. Or here's a thought a new set of tires. The two goodyear tires are not recommended for use together? Why, is one made of rubber and the other lead? Just kidding I know tires all too well. I lived the Ford verus Firestone/ Explorer roll over debacle. A fall out that ended a very long relationship that was start by Ford and Firestone a long time ago. Well I guess that makes the owner or the person responible for installing them at fault! Just another way for people to say I am not responsible for my own actions! And so the world becomes less of a place because people are not accountable for their own actions...........Like I dont feel like working so government programs are my fail safe.

I am sorry I failed to plan so some one owes me a retirment. Time to pay up hard working people you know you owe me!.....Really!!!!!!!! Sorry I have had enough of the world today.

kickshot