IGNORED

Travelling Friends - Bike Buy & Buy back?

Aussie Annie

I have two lady friends who want to travel to the U.S. next year. They want to go to Sturgis and then tour around.

What they want to do is purchase two bikes with buy back at the end. they will probably fly in to L.A.

Bikes they want: Naked sport bike. MotoGuzzi 750-900 preferred, as that's what they ride now. But any Naked bike similar to this is okay. For around $2,000

Can anyone help with information????? :bowdown:

Edited by Aussie Annie
forgot price

From my understanding, the Guzzi crowd is pretty good over here. They are very helpful to other Guzzi riders. I would suggest your lady friends get onto the Guzzi forums and ask around.

Please make sure they are aware of the size of the US and how many miles there are between attractions. Your experience this past summer will be excellent for them. A nekid sport bike may not be the best choice if they plan on doing major miles. Perhaps a sport touring bike (FJR, ST, Concourse,Tiger) would be a little more appropriate.

Also, Guzzi is kind of a specialty marquee over here. Not may dealers outside the major cities. It would be more difficult to find one (or two) to purchase and even harder to sell them quickly.

They could pick up a 6 or 7 year old Kawasaki Concourse in really good shape for around $3000. They are reliable as a hammer, provide great performance, and can easily be sold when done with their ride. There is a Kawasaki dealer in any town big enough to have a McDonalds and plenty of indie shops that can work on them. And at 1000cc, they are powerful enough for touring thru the mountains, yet are not so heavy that it would cause trouble in parking lots.

Just some thoughts.

RR