IGNORED

Medical Issue

Condor

Here is something that you might find handy. Ive been using it for a while now and have lost almost 30lbs since Cody. Its called fitbit and its a clip that you carry with you and it logs your activity in 5 minute increments and calculates your calorie usage and stats based on your size and data. you also input your food and it works out how you did for that day and sets targets (or lets you set targets). It also uploads the data on the clip to your computer everytime you get within 20 feet of your computer, making it invisbile to you and easy to use. The clip also has a readout on it that you can look at throughout the day to see how youre doing.

I used my grocery store card points to get a free one to try out and its been great.

http://www.fitbit.com/

Damn!! I just received this from my younger borther in Montana, who just had a 6 way by-pass. With him the Lexiscan didn't show any blockages either, but the Angio showed 8. I just emailed my doctor a copy. .

First thing I am glad you are addressing your symptoms.

FYI, I had the Lexiscan Test after I failed to come even close to completing the nuclear treadmill stress test and that didn’t show any blockages either.

But it did tell the Doc that something was not right so a Coronary Angiography was ordered and that’s when the blockages were discovered.

My symptoms came when I was exercising and were an ache jaw, getting tired and out of breathe real easy and those were the only symptoms I had experienced but I knew something was wrong, I would really want more tests if I were you.

Comparing a Lexiscan test to a Coronary Angiography procedure is like comparing a CAT scan to a MRI, there is a big difference.

Good luck Bro, I don’t want anything to happen to you!

Two years ago I went through the symptoms you are describing about tiredness with little exercise. After six months of heart catheterization, lung inhalers and other tests, they discovered a pulmonary embolism (blood clot in the lung). I should have already been dead by then. I will be on coumidin the rest of my life, but I feel great now.

:farmer:

I just turned 45 in January. I had some of these issues last August. I was always tired, had to stop and rest half way up the basement stairs, falling asleep whenever i sat down, barely being able to mow the lawn. Have had sleep apnea for about 15 years and even using my CPAP machine did not seem to help anymore.

I have a strong history of heart issues on both sides of my family.

I went to an urgent care on a friday afternoon, had an abnormal EKG, went to the ER, had another EKG which looked normal but they deceided to give me the treadmill stress test Saturday morning. I did not get the stress test because my heart was too weak to risk the extra load of running, so I had a stress MRI instead. Also had a heart cath.

After six days they sent me home with 7 prescriptions (15 pills a day), and 6 diagnosis: high blood pressure, high cholesterol, diabetes, mild coronary artery disease, congestive heart failure, and atrial fibulation.

Had a heart monitor implanted 2 fridays ago since I have no physical symptoms of the A-Fib. But my heart is back to the bottom of the normal range in strength and I feel healthy for the first time in almost a year.

Should have listened to my wife months ago.......... :whistling:

Sorry for the life history, just wanted to say you are doing the right thing not putting it off.... Will keep you (and anyone else) in my prayers and thoughts .......

Of course, the 30+ pounds i have lost with diet and exercise hasn't hurt either

The biggest impact on any diet is portion control.

We all eat too much!

It helps to use smaller plates...and don't fill them.

Plus cut out snacks.:crying:

Hey...I didn't say it would be fun!

In the meantime, Keep bugging the doctors to find out what's going on and then LISTEN TO THEM!

I just turned 45 in January. I had some of these issues last August. I was always tired, had to stop and rest half way up the basement stairs, falling asleep whenever i sat down, barely being able to mow the lawn. Have had sleep apnea for about 15 years and even using my CPAP machine did not seem to help anymore.

I have a strong history of heart issues on both sides of my family.

I went to an urgent care on a friday afternoon, had an abnormal EKG, went to the ER, had another EKG which looked normal but they deceided to give me the treadmill stress test Saturday morning. I did not get the stress test because my heart was too weak to risk the extra load of running, so I had a stress MRI instead. Also had a heart cath.

After six days they sent me home with 7 prescriptions (15 pills a day), and 6 diagnosis: high blood pressure, high cholesterol, diabetes, mild coronary artery disease, congestive heart failure, and atrial fibulation.

Had a heart monitor implanted 2 fridays ago since I have no physical symptoms of the A-Fib. But my heart is back to the bottom of the normal range in strength and I feel healthy for the first time in almost a year.

Should have listened to my wife months ago.......... :whistling:

Sorry for the life history, just wanted to say you are doing the right thing not putting it off.... Will keep you (and anyone else) in my prayers and thoughts .......

Of course, the 30+ pounds i have lost with diet and exercise hasn't hurt either

About 3 years ago I went on the 'Nogoody' diet. Salad for brunch, and no starches for dinner. Also no cake, pies, ice cream, potato chips, etc. etc... Lost 50 pounds in 2 1/2 months and didn't get hungry. So I'm going on it again...starting... yesterday... :) I'm going to put off power walking the block for now.

Did they ever give you an angiogram? If my brother had believed what they first told him, and didn't insist that something was still wrong he could very well be horizontal by now.

About 3 years ago I went on the 'Nogoody' diet. Salad for brunch, and no starches for dinner. Also no cake, pies, ice cream, potato chips, etc. etc... Lost 50 pounds in 2 1/2 months and didn't get hungry. So I'm going on it again...starting... yesterday... :) I'm going to put off power walking the block for now.

Did they ever give you an angiogram? If my brother had believed what they first told him, and didn't insist that something was still wrong he could very well be horizontal by now.

Nope, no angiogram. Just the stress MRI, which is VERY, VERY freaky feeling. You are in the MRI machine, totally still, and they use a drug to make your body think you are running, or whatever. I felt like I had just run a couple miles at top speed and couldn't catch my breath. I asked why they do it that way and they said they can bring the heart back to normal with another drug, in case something happens.

And I had my heart cath through my wrist, not the usual groin area....much easier recovery.

My heart was at about 25% Ejection Fraction. about 45-75 is normal. As of 2 weeks ago, i am back up to 45%, so I guess all the meds/lifestyle changes are working:cool10: