IGNORED

Looking for a Blessing

We have 6 kids,,,,, well they are all grown up now, so not kids any longer, but we call them our kids still. Our oldest just turned 40 this year, and has 5 kids of their own. Dorothea and Dean have made great parents, are well involved in community and church life and live in a modest bungalow in Limehouse Ont. Dean works for a local contractor and Dorothea home schools the kids, up to grade 11, and works as secretary at her church. They are an awesome family.

Just last week I got a call from Dorothea saying that she had just come back from the doctors and tests etc, and she was informed that she has cancer on her one kidneys and it needs to be removed, which they will do ASAP as soon as she gets rid of the pneumonia that she has as well,,, so it looks like the 1st of Feb. Doctor says it's all contained and that no chemo or radiation will be needed. The Blessing that comes with this already is her statement that: No dad, I'm not worried or concerned. I have pain and I'm tired most of the time and I want to get up and do my usual things, but worried I'm not,,,, you see dad, I was taught that every cloud has a silver lining and I'm sure this one will as well, we just have to wait to see what that might be. And it's no matter, if I have to leave this world,,, ya it's not my game plan,,,, but if that's to be, then our Master will bring good out of that as well..

What a girl!!!!!!

But we could use some prayers for healing for her. With the oldest being 17 and the youngest 10, I'm thinking they could use a good momma for a while yet. And Dean still needs some direction as well....lol!

If you want to email her: Dorothea Vuyk

A prayer sent for Dorothea. My best wishes in hoping she comes through this as well. I have a friend who donated one kidney and she is in fine health and say,s she does not even miss it and lives a perfectly normal life, so tell Dorothea to keep her good spirits and positive outlook close at hand.

Edited by saddlebum

We will add Dorothea to our prayers. I have one question tho, in your post it seemed to indicate she only has one kidney now,is that right?So would she then go on dialysis?

Thanks all for your prayers,,,,, Dorothea sure appreciates your concern and best wishes. As far as we know, God blessed her with 2 kidneys, and only one needs to be removed,,, thanks for asking.

See photo of her and her family,,, quite a good bunch!!

We will add Dorothea to our prayers. I have one question tho, in your post it seemed to indicate she only has one kidney now,is that right?So would she then go on dialysis?
As I mentioned in an earlier post. I have a friend who donated one kidney and she is in fine health and say,s she does not even miss it. She lives a perfectly normal life and no she is not on dialysis.

Prayers still said for Dorothea, fingers and toes crossed as well. Given that people do donate kidneys and live perfectly normal lives afterwards, plus with the lords help I strongly believe Dorothea will be just fine.