IGNORED

Is it overpriced?

spyderhead

This may not be the place for this question, but I would like to know if you think the RSTD I have listed in the classified is overpriced (before I relist it on eBay). NADA (for what that's worth) shows a 2005 RSTD at $6830 for average retail. I apologize if this is the wrong place for this question, but I have learned a lot about my bike on this forum and do respect your opinions. Thanks.

Mine is the 2005 one pictured in front of the Cypress Swamp sign on the Natchez Trace. Again, if this is inappropriate question on the forum, (moderators) just delete.

Edited by spyderhead

Don't worry about it, one of the mods will move it to the classifieds.

But, to answer your question, I think you have it priced fairly. I didn't see the mileage though. Up here in Wisconsin, this is NOT the time to be trying to get the best price for your bike, but where you at, it probably doesn't matter at all.

Good luck,

Steve

Hey Jim,

With Christmas behind us, the average "Joe" is pretty much "Tapped out". Ad to this the fact that pretty much the entire North East just got their first taste of winter snow, adds up to not much interest in a vehicle that doesn't have a heater/defroster!:crackup:

All kidding aside, when tax time rolls around, (March/April) you should see a renewed interest in all things two wheeled. Although I must admit, last year, pricing on motorcycles and ATV's was extremely "Soft". There were a LOT of low mileage, excellent quality motorcycles on the market. I don't think it is as much a question of "Is this a fair price for my motorcycle", as it is there are MANY similar bikes being sold at the same time. With unemployment and the job market, corporate down sizing and the economy in general in the crapper, You are going to have to make a tough decision about "how low do you want to go" to sell your scoot. Listing your bike in March may get better results.

That's my view, anyway.:confused24:

Earl

In August I purchased this 07 RSTD, it had 20k on it and I got the 150 front tire and stock windshield. I paid $7100 and probably would have gotten it for less if I had bought it out right and not have traded a bike in on it. I don't know if this helps, I posted this for comparison. BTW is has factory warranty intil November of this year.

I usually peruse all things Venture on Ebay, but because there hasn't been a whole lot interesting listed lately, out of boredom I've been watching RSV's and TD's. I don't believe I've seen one meet reserve in the last couple of months. Some of the prices were wishfull thinking on the part of the seller, but some were priced pretty fair. Nada... I'd wait until spring before listing it, and avoid those listing fees...

You know it wouldn't hurt to list it on Craig's List in the Texas/New Mexico ( El Paso and Las Cruces had zero listed last night) and even Arizona area's. There are not a lot of them for sale and since the riding season is longer (basically year round) I know people who have flown or driven back east to pick up bikes.

Bikes from the east, if taken care of and stored through the winter have a good reputation out here since they usually have lower mileage and are maintained during the winter. I was looking back east at bikes myself before I found mine outside of Phoenix.

A friend was over last night and was looking all over, including back east at Ventures for sale. Just a thought...

Bill