IGNORED

clicking noise in rear wheel

My bike has been doing this for some time. When Im moving forward at any speed I hear a clicking or grinding sound comming from the rear wheel. To me it sounds like a rotor out of balance, but when I put a drag on the brake the sound is still there. Its not a noise that is constant . Maybe I can explain with this. Sounds like Im putting something in my spokes and taking it out every half of turn. I have greased everything . 19000 miles.

PS.... Hey everybody its been a long time.

My bike has been doing this for some time. When Im moving forward at any speed I hear a clicking or grinding sound comming from the rear wheel. To me it sounds like a rotor out of balance, but when I put a drag on the brake the sound is still there. Its not a noise that is constant . Maybe I can explain with this. Sounds like Im putting something in my spokes and taking it out every half of turn. I have greased everything . 19000 miles.

PS.... Hey everybody its been a long time.

I had this same problem right after buying my Venture. The dealer did this and that but no help. Finally the owner of the dealership sat on the back seat with a stethisiscope while I drove him around. The problem was the differential and they replaced it. That was 144,000 miles ago.

:farmer:

Thanks for the info, I never read about the alignment before. Im on my third tire and never did this . A creak is a good way to explain it. When I have my 424's on I cant hear it. I put the stock pipes back on last summer for all of my 200 miles of riding lol. This year Im not building anything because it takes all my extra time. My wife says yea right.

I was just thinking about you today and BAM there you are, I must have missed you on that 200 miles last year.

Hope to catch you in 2012 !!!!!!

It does sound like the splines or alignment.

Get that scoot ready and lets go....

Hey Gary. I plan on some good riding this year. Big Mike and I are starting to make some plans. Are you going to the bike show next weekend ?