IGNORED

Last ride for this year

Venturous Randy

It was about 60 degrees when I got home this afternoon and just had to go for a ride. I put about 50 miles on the bike and with me filling it up on the last ride with no ethanol and the cool temperatures, the bike rode like it was straining to be let go. Several times I cranked it on from about 3,000 rpm's to about 8,000 rpm's in 1st and 2nd and it was all I could do to hang on. It really felt strong.

I lacked about 200 miles putting 10,000 on the bike this year. I know I would probably have been close to the 12,000 miles I put on it last year, but with the eye problems that started in Sept that eventually led to the loss of vision in my right eye, it set me back during what is some of the best riding here in east Tennessee.

As tough as this has been for me, I know that there have been others on here that have had a tough time also. There have been some bad crashes that could easily ended in loss of life. There have been other things some have to deal with.

This has been a good year also. I went to my 1st Maintenance Day at Freebird's and had a ball. I met some great folks and was able to share all that with Linda. We have taken some beautiful rides and camped at over 5,000 feet on the Blue Ridge Parkway on a night that was so dark and clear that there must have been a million stars shining. I was blessed with an overnight stay with Aussie Anne and Al and also from Rocket.

I know there are going to be some serious challenges coming in the next year and I hope the best for all of us.

RandyA

Sorry to hear about your vision problems. My sister has been blind in one eye since she was about 18 months old. She has overcome it (learned to compensate ??) and you'd never know it about her.

Do you belong to the STAR chapter in Greeneville? Jerry and the folks there have a super group of riders.

Our STAR chapter www.starchapter424.org is having a "last ride of the year" get together this morning.

Happy New Year