IGNORED

I think this was fun???

Yammer Dan

Busy day and stopped at Micky Ds on the way home Must have had a dozen idiots pull outin front of me and all the rush of the season I was about done. Micky Ds had line I had to wait in for about 15 min. Was getting close to register when this little piece of fluff struts in the door followed by her larger than me escourt ape walking behing her. Jeans and shirt she had on were straining to hold things in. Yeah I looked!! Boyfriend or whatever took a seat and sent her to order. She took a look at the line bounce to the front of it and stepped in front of me as I was starting to order. I said Excuse me young lady but the end of the line is back there. She sputtered a little and went and reported thing to her feller. He came stomping up and stood staring at me trying to figure out what to say. At lest I think he could talk. I gave him a smile and said carefull young man you don't get more than you order. He looked at me several seconds turned and collected her and must have decided to eat somewhere else. Girl behind register was cracking up. Everyone in line was grinning I think. And here I stood thinking ' Old man you are lucky you didn't get your butt handed to you..... Warden chewed on me all the way home!!!!

Those works out paying off Dan maybe the neanderthal all ready figured out old men don't fight they just hurt ya. At least the young lady saw how a real man handles things. Hmmmm almost sounds like I'm bragging on you :thumbsup: just don't get use to it.

You know I'm a nut case.

Sometimes things work out great. I was in my truck waiting for the Crofton ferry one day. The lanes are clearly marked 1,2.3. and are loaded in order.I was at the front of the second lane and they had just loaded the first lane when two teen bimbos came down the first lane trying to cut ahead. I pulled over and blocked them then waved all the traffic behind me ahead. They all grinned and waved as they went past. Two ladies in the first car in the third lane pulled up beside me and told me to go ahead, they would take over the block. Teamwork.

My favorite line while looking them in the eye ( usually scared to death) is " You might kick my @$$, but I'm taking a healthy piece of you down with me" ... They usually back down/away.

Then I usually go home, change my underwear, and not tell the wifey what happened ...

I'm in the liquor store yesterday getting some wine for the evening's party. Guy in front of me, head taller, 50 lbs larger, is buying a big bottle of whiskey. The clerk slips his bottle into a paper bag and rings the purchase up, and the guy suddenly explodes yelling so the whole store can hear him saying, "YOU CAN GO AHEAD AND TAKE THAT OUTTA THE BAG, BECAUSE IN 2 SECONDS I'M GOING TO ASK YOU TO DO IT. ISN'T THAT SUPPOSED TO BE HOW IT WORKS HERE? AREN'T YOU SUPPOSED TO ASK ME IF I WANT IT IN A BAG BEFORE YOU PUT IT IN A BAG?!

I couldn't believe the guy. In the next second I respond in similar fashion but more quietly, "THE CLERK ISN'T GOING TO SAY ANYTHING TO YOU, AS$HOLE, SO I'M GOING TO DO IT. YOU ARE ONE LOW LIFE F@V *$ &*&@)# DRUNK. NOW GET THE HELL OUT OF THE STORE WHILE YOU STILL CAN.

After I get my purchase rung up, I find him heading out of the parking lot in a little Hyundai, He's got an Ontario Provincial Police sticker on his bumper. I thought it would be good if the guy got to meet his buddies today and I called the police to report a drunk driver and I followed him through the city reporting his progress until the cops arrived.

Merry Christmas......

I never had problems with the big un's. I guess it was because I was pretty good sized myself. It was always the lil fella that had something to prove.

I was at a western bar once with some friends and there was a group of guys that were being a bit, well, a PITA to my friends. Insulting, rude and out of line. One of our gals had gone to get another drink and one of the guys reached over and knocked it out of her hand. I'd had enough. I walked over and confronted the fool. Like I said, I'm 6'3" and about 275 at the time and he was all of 5'4" and 150 lbs. I only expected an apology and him to pay for her drink.

What I got in return was a round house to my head. Ok, to be honest he could have made a better effort. He expected me to drop to the floor I guess. He looked a lil surprised. I remembered smiling at him (my daughter describes it as showing my teeth) and asking "Do you want to be standing right there when I hit ya back?"

He and his buddies wasted no time exiting the building. All I could do was laugh. By the time I got settled back at our table we had drinks showing up. The bar manager kept us covered for the rest of the evening and rounds were being sent by others tables. Yea!

So the calm and collected approach works pretty well rather you are looking down at the top of their heads or up at the bottom of their chin. They don't know what to expect at that point.

Nice job on backing the moron up Dan.

Wish all my encounters had turned out that well.

I was at work one day when this guy decided he had a problem. He jumped out of his truck and came up to me pulling back his fist, naturally I did the same. He stopped and said " you can't do that" thinking that because I was at work I could not respond. I said " You get the first swing, all the rest are mine." He left.

Years ago I was working for an airline in Vancouver. I stopped off at a pub after work with a couple friends. It was crowded in there and I accidentally bumped a guy at the next table and he spilled some of his beer. I apologized and offered to buy him another. He got loud and wanted to fight. He had about five buddies with him. I offered to buy him two beers, not good enough, he and his buddies wanted to fight. Finally I had enough and stood up. He stood there then mumbled something and sat down. I figured WTF? then looked around. About 20 guys wearing the same airline jacket as I was were standing up. I was new there and did not know any of them. When I sat down so did they.

When I first moved to Saltspring the local pub was nicknamed "The Bucket of Blood". It was not unusual to go in and see two guys hammering each other in a corner. The bathroom walls usually had blood on them. One redneck came up and challenged me. I had been warned, he was small but a real scrapper who fought dirty and was always looking for a fight. He wanted to go outside with me. I said " Think about this, if we go out there and I beat the cra* out of you is that going to change your mind about anything?" He said "no". I said " So it sounds to me like a lot of hard work and pain for nothing, right." He thought about it for a bit then said " You are right" and went back to his buddies and sat down.

There was a guy that used to belong to a bike gang and hung out at a bar I used to frequent. He was going on about all the scores he still had to settle, mostly with rival gang members and talking it up about his Modified Harley. In jest I made a not too complimentry remark about "alot of good money wasted on something as unreliable as a harley", you could have heard a pin drop. Now this guy had already done time for assault and eventually someone reminded me who I was talking too and what he was capable of. Without even setting my beer done I simply stated " I'm not worried .......He has a vendetta list so long that we both will be old and grey by the time he gets around to me." With that he looked at me, started laughing, slapped me on the back, then bought me another beer. We have been friends for ten years now.

Edited by saddlebum