IGNORED

Spell check for IE

dingy

What is the spell checker app for this site that works in IE8.

I prefer Firefox, but even with a new install of Windows 7 and a new download of firefox, it keeps crashing on me so I'm using IE full time now.

I can't type worth shirt, so I missplell a lot and don't get them highlited in IE8.

Gary

I found AVG SAFE SEARCH add-on (if you use AVG, that is) to be causing repeated Firefox crashes. It was highly annoying. Disabled that addon and FF (3.6.24) behaves flawlessly again.

I am running Avast. I could try scaling it back and see if that helps. I like FF much better. But I am stuck with IE at work, and I use it a lot there for work related stuff.

Gary

Gary,

I tried FF8 for about three days but it was too buggy, even with all the add-ons and extensions disabled, so I went back to 3.6.24. No crashes or freezes. Try going back to 3.6.24

As to how to make IE spell check...haven't a clue, sorry. I've never used it except to check malfunctioning sites for FF incompatibility.

Try this? I can't vouch for it...it is the first thing on Google search results.

http://www.iespell.com/

I don't know of a dynamic solution for IE. IE spell is integrated into the forum software but it requires you to click on the little abc icon in the upper right of the editor. I'm not sure that it works correctly in IE 9 though. Even though I just installed it, it seems to work fromt the tools menu but not by clicking on the icon. It does work with a right click though.

Edited by Freebird