IGNORED

1stGen Fork Braces

Just a heads up. I've been out of fork braces for a couple of months now, but just put in an order for another 10. Only this time around they gonna be anodized black. Thought it would be different... I'll be posting an ad in the classifieds toward the end of next week since I don't know what the cost will be until I get the invoice. I generally want to know about the cost up front, but the machinest has been more than fair with us over the years. So next week.... Attached are a couple of pics of one on my '91 that show what they'll look like installed.

Hi,

My 88 has a fork brace.

Is your 's an improvement over stock or did the bike not come with one?

Thanks

TH

The OEM brace flexes quite a bit and doesn't work as well as a stiffer aftermarket. Do a search on the board for Fork Brace, there's a lot of information available. It's probably the best performance bang for the buck you can do to a 1stGen.

Jack?

Tell me about the fork protectors that you have there.

Where: can I get a pair

Who: made them

What: are they made of and what keeps them from riding up.

When: ...um, don't have a "when" question.

How: does one have to remove the forks to install these or are they split?

Thanks

Not sure where Jack got his fork socks, but they look just like the one's I have been making.

The ones I maker are felt lined leather and they are split with snap closure.

:mytruck1:

Not sure where Jack got his fork socks, but they look just like the one's I have been making.

The ones I maker are felt lined leather and they are split with snap closure.

:mytruck1:

Geeze, how memory fades when you start packing on a few years..... :backinmyday: Those ARE your covers Russ. You sent them to me after a member won them at a rally raffle, didn't need them, and told you to send them to me. You couldn't remember who told you to do that, but a least you didn't forget to send them on their way. Many Thanks that member BTW!! They're great!! And.... I tried to get you to make me another set for the '83, but that never happened.... :) Guess you forgot...

No, but you can shoot it with a can of Krylon Semi-Flat Black for less than the cost of shipping..... :big-grin-emoticon:

I'm thinking powder coating it gloss black. Maybe even the lower fork tubes.

The all red thing is getting old. Time for a change. Already have a stock radiator cover, also have one of the aluminum finned ones I got from Bongo a couple of years ago, just need to get it done & on.

I haven't came up with a good winter project yet, need to figure something out though.

Probably don't need to make it any faster than it is now. Paint job might be the project. Canary Yellow (#800 I think), bright as I can find.

Would like to find a decent header that would fit and not spend a fortune. Thats where my power gain would be at.

:mo money:

Gary