IGNORED

Looking for a winter project??

1BigDog

15 K for a new body made with today's coated steels and more precise assembly methods isn't a bad buy. I wonder, does it come with a VIN number or would you need a state issued VIN tag ?

That's one drawback you have to have a VIN it does not come with one, when I talked to the factory rep at the Good Guys show he was actually a little snotty about it like I was trying to commit a crime. .

That's one drawback you have to have a VIN it does not come with one, when I talked to the factory rep at the Good Guys show he was actually a little snotty about it like I was trying to commit a crime. .

Here in Michigan it's not that big a deal to get a VIN, You build the vehicle, apply to the DMV for a title, they set up an appt., take it to a state police inspection station along with all your receipts. They do a safety inspection and if everything's OK they issue a VIN tag that you apply to the body or frame. I have done this with 2 dune buggies that I built.

Here in Michigan it's not that big a deal to get a VIN, You build the vehicle, apply to the DMV for a title, they set up an appt., take it to a state police inspection station along with all your receipts. They do a safety inspection and if everything's OK they issue a VIN tag that you apply to the body or frame. I have done this with 2 dune buggies that I built.

Do they title it as the body year or as a home built with the current year?

I can't believe all of the steel re pro bodies, frames, fenders and other parts that are coming to the market. Model A, '32, '34, '40 Ford roadsters and coupes. '32 Chevy roadster, '47 to '53 Chevy pickups, '57 Chevy convertible, first gen Camaros. And probably a few others. Some of these bodies start at well over $20,000. Hard to believe there is enough of a market out there to support all of this.

It would be interesting to learn how all of these different manufactures study their markets and decide that it's feasible to tool up to make these. I think a lot of the dies are being built off shore to keep the cost down and I know a lot of the accessory parts are made off shore.

Hey Ruffy, I've got a project for you.

No thanks Gary. I have my hands full with my own bike and some household projects going on right now. Cant wait to see how that project comes out though. Maybe a nice Chevy 572 BB in there would be sweet......:smile5:

No thanks Gary. I have my hands full with my own bike and some household projects going on right now. Cant wait to see how that project comes out though. Maybe a nice Chevy 572 BB in there would be sweet......:smile5:

Don't know if I got another one in me Jeff. I tore the '32 down this summer and haven't done much to it since. My old body just won't let me do what my brain wants too. Going to collect what I need to finish the coupe over the winter and hopefully get back to it in the spring. If I haven't sold the Chevy sedan by the time I get the coupe back on the road then we'll see.