IGNORED

Always looking for chicken lips.........

Snaggletooth

Sometimes you find them. Once in a while you can even get yours hands on them. This week was pretty good. Found a few things I've been looking for over the last few years and didn't go broke getting them.

Only one slipped though my fingers. Drat.

But how often do you find these items? In good or NOS condtion?

Is the 1st pic a pair of driving light brackets?

Yep they are. In the last 3 years I found one (1) bracket for sale and it looked like it had been buried for years. But ya need two anyway. I ran into these last week on a BIN. Not bad. $14.95 I think it was for the pair.

Love your brackets Brad but I got to try these out.

1st pic is 1st gen Ant mounts??

Close Dan but you're a lil off. (but everybody already knows that. :crackup:) But now that you mention it, I saw one of those listed tonight if you're looking.

I saw a used lighted trunk trim the other had but it looked a lil rough so I passed. Thought it would be nice to find a NOS one someday. When I hit eBay today there was a listing for TWO of them NOS. BIN! $20.00!

The fuel cover tank rack got away. Turned into a sniper match and got outbid by a buck bid in the last 2 seconds. Dang!

Now I gotta find some Barons grills for the light trim to match the rest of mine.

Been a good week at the bay. :big-grin-emoticon:

I have those lights mounted on the back of my trunk on the chrome trim that goes around it. I broke a couple of the lens by backing into something, so Ihad to make my own, still like those lights, they add some illumination to the back of a not so well lit 1st gen.

Nice find on all counts.

Hard to find the deals that used to be on Flea-Bay but they are still around.

I was looking at my eBay records last night. Yikes! I have made 89 purchases off eBay and 75 of them were for my bike. Maybe a few of those were for other guys bikes I work on but pretty much all mine.

Yep, there used to be a LOT of good stuff on there for really cheap to fair prices. Not so much anymore but every now and then...... Bingo!

Some of my best buys were for stuff that was was listed incorrectly. Like a backrest for my '84 on a BIN for $40.00 listed as a Yamaha Vesta. Thing looked like new when I got it. Or the wiring harness that no one bid on for .99 cents that came with about every every electronic component still plugged into it, including the TCI! Or the rear light bar that I have on mine now for $75.00 with free shipping. (I'll bet the seller regreted that one. LOL!)

Always watching. It's out there. You just got to wait for it. :smile5:

Snaggletooth

I was watching all those items, mostly out of curiosity. If I had some money I would have bought all of them on speculation.

I had just acquired some Drag Specialties driving light brackets, so I let those pass.

I wasn't convinced that the tank rack was genuine Venture. I had never seen it before.

It used to be that a person could tell who was bidding on stuff and a guy could avoid bidding up his friends, but today every one is an anonymous number and asterisks. I am glad I didn't start bidding on any of that stuff and risk stepping on someone here toes.

If there ever is a MKII trunk rack come on eBay, I would appreciate if I could have it first.:fingers-crossed-emo

Didn't there use to be a J C Whitney one that would work??

Yeah, Dan there probably is a Whitney rack that would fit, but I haven't heard much good about the Whitney chrome stuff. Faulty mounting stud threads, poor chrome plating, rust, etc.

I bought a Show Chrome rack that was supposed to fit my bike, but it didn't. The front mounting studs ended up on the passenger arm rest vinyl. It turns out it is for a GL1500. So, if anyone says a rack for a GL1500 will fit a MKII Venture, be suspicious.

I'm holding out for a genuine Yamaha VentureLine rack complete with V1300 badge. Well, it don't HAVE to still have the badge. I might consider a MKI VentureLine rack if spring arrives and I still haven't found a VL V1300 rack, but it would be just my luck to finish drilling holes for the MKI rack and a MKII rack would show up; for a BIN of $25! :crying: