IGNORED

Taking a Ride

Rick Haywood

OK, I believe I am going to take a ride from central Illinois to Key West Florida. I will be going via Nashville, Atlanta, Stopping in Gainesville FL for a few days to visit my neice and a couple of friends then off to Fort Myers to see my Brother. Then down to Key West for a day or so and then back up the east side of FloridaStopping in Orlando to visit a cousin. Then the chilly ride on home. Just thought if anyone wanted to ride along on the route either for a few days or just the day let me know (or the whole trip) and I will get my trip all planned out and let you know when I will be in your area. I would also change my route some if there are people who want to ride, I will stop and pick you up along the way.

Rick :thumbsup2:

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rick,

Let me know when you're planning on doing the Chattanooga to Atlanta leg of the trip and I'll try to join you.

Randy R

I will do that Randy, I am trying to get a rear tire put on and if I can get it done I plan on leaving Wednesday morning from here. But I will keep you informed.

Rick

I checked the weather for Nashville and Atlanta Starting Wednesday for the next 10 days and it shows no rain wed,thurs, or friday in either palce with highs in the high 50's in Nashville and low 60's in Atlanta. Then in florida it shows 70's and up through the weekend. As for the temps, middle 50's and no rain is fine for us yankees to ride in. Chaps and sweatshirt with leather coat and away we go. I plan on Being in Gainesville FL by Thursday for supper.

Well, I was able to get a new tire put on the rear of the bike so looks like I will be leaving on Wednesday morning (7:30am) headed to Key West Florida. Here is where I plan to be and what days I will be ther in case anyone wants to get together for a meal, a ride or both. My Cell number is in my Profile if you want to call me.

Wednesday night Ringgold, Ga,

Thursday and Friday Night Gainesville, FL

Saturday Day time Dade City FL meeting a couple of friends for Lunch and a ride

Saturday and Sunday Night Fort Meyers, Fl

Monday riding to Key West Staying at a cousins house.

Tuesday riding from Key West to Fort Lauderdale.

Wednesday Leaving and headed to Panama City Fl to see sister

Will probably hang around there till Friday and then head up to Auburn, AL to my Nephew

Then from that point head on sometime depending on the weather

May Stop by and visit B2 Mon and Dad on the way home if they will have me

Looking forward to a nice ride:clap2:

I checked the weather for Nashville and Atlanta Starting Wednesday for the next 10 days and it shows no rain wed,thurs, or friday in either palce with highs in the high 50's in Nashville and low 60's in Atlanta. Then in florida it shows 70's and up through the weekend. As for the temps, middle 50's and no rain is fine for us yankees to ride in. Chaps and sweatshirt with leather coat and away we go. I plan on Being in Gainesville FL by Thursday for supper.

The weather here in the central part of your trip (Ky) close to Morehead,Ky, will be, according to the local weather, cold and wet up until Saturday. My wife and I just finished cleaning the flue and also cleaning the pellet stove and getting it ready to be turned on and get the heat a rolling by tomorrow evening. Full of wood pellets. All I have to do is flip the switch. So far I have used the heat pump and propane gas some, very little. We have had two frosty mornings so far this month.

Hope you have a good safe trip. If you get cold and need to get warmed up, just come on over. I get home from work around 5:00 pm. I live just off US 60 East of Olive Hill. I can hear I-64 from house.

Fuzzy

Well I appreciate that. I see you live in Goose Creek, I would lov e to stop by I always wanted to go to Goose Creek only because of the band Goose Creek Symphony Orchestra.

Had never heard of them so I looked them up, I like the music.

:yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: AND ME OUT OF VACATION!!!!!!!! THIS JUST AIN'T RIGHT RICK OLD BUDDY!!!!!!!!

BUT HAVE A GREAT TRIP ANYWAY!

Bryan

Man Sorry Bryan and Mike I should have hid this post from you and Mike I am sorry for calling you well maybe:think:

Wish you guys had time we could really create some memories couldn't we?

I'll send you both a picture from Key West

Well, I was able to get a new tire put on the rear of the bike so looks like I will be leaving on Wednesday morning (7:30am) headed to Key West Florida. Here is where I plan to be and what days I will be ther in case anyone wants to get together for a meal, a ride or both. My Cell number is in my Profile if you want to call me.

Wednesday night Ringgold, Ga,

Thursday and Friday Night Gainesville, FL

Saturday Day time Dade City FL meeting a couple of friends for Lunch and a ride

Monday riding to Key West Staying at a cousins house.

Tuesday riding from Key West to Fort Lauderdale.

Wednesday Leaving and headed to Panama City Fl to see sister

Will probably hang around there till Friday and then head up to Auburn, AL to my Nephew

Then from that point head on sometime depending on the weather

May Stop by and visit B2 Mon and Dad on the way home if they will have me

Rick

You know you are always welcome here. Try to give us a day's notice when you will be coming thru so we can be sure to be home.

Have a good and safe trip

Patti

Rick

You know you are always welcome here. Try to give us a day's notice when you will be coming thru so we can be sure to be home.

Have a good and safe trip

Patti

Yea I know Patti and I really appreciate that. I will call when I leave Panama City headed to Auburn, AL. that would gice you a couple days.

Thanks

Rick

I live in Cape Coral just across the river from Ft Myers. Will you just be visiting or will you be riding around the Ft Myers area?

I presume you know that Atlanta (home of the Atlanta RUSH HOUR) is dead in your path?

Taking the beltway around the west side is better than either going straight thru or the east side in the early morning. (maybe, but don't hold me to it)

But hey, if you've made it thru Nashville and Chattanooga, you'll be a pro.

Well I either love to ride or I am plum stupid, probably a little of both. Anyway getting ready to leave and it is a great day out he says sacasticly, 42 degrees and rain. OH well I guess I am ready for it rain gear on heated gloves and coat, full face helmet and mp3 player. I guess that's it.here we go

Rick:doh:

OK well day one of my trip proved I either love to ride or am just plum stupid, at about 4:00 pm or so I was going with just plum stupid. Left home on Wednesday and it wqas 42 degrees and raining. I thought it would get better but nope it rained all the way to Chattanooga and stayed around the middle 40's all day So at about 7:30 as I was coming into Chattanooga I said the heck with thisI have had enough.

Day 2 was a lot bette. Woke up to 39 degrees but as the day went on the sun came out and by the time the afternoon rolled around it was in the middle 60's. Had a good tall wind today and running around 80/82 on the speedometer I got 40 mpg so was happy with that. I am in Gainesville FL now at my neice's house Will be here till Saturday and then heqaded towards Dade City to meet up with some friends to do some riding. More Later

PS, The new heated jacket and gloves are great, all I had on was the jacket and rain coat and stayed warm all day.

Rick,

Glad to hear you made that rough ride in the first seasons cold spell. Found the great riding weather of Fla. this time of year. Enjoy you visit with family and the scenic area of the Keys. Wish I could make it.

Wife was wondering what heated vest did you end up getting, Good time to try with cold temps and rain. Thats the type test she wanted.

Later

Be safe!

Brian & Sherrie