IGNORED

1962 Indian Chief??

Yammer Dan

Sounds like I need to do some more checking. I should have known there wasn't a 62. Wasn't sure when they checked out but should have remembered it was in 50's. Did Enfield make them until 62? If it is a custom it still might be something I could make money with. Or just keep at the right price.

I just got off the phone with the owner of the largest Indian dealership. The 1962 model was a leftover 1961 since Royal Enfield was shutting down. If the bike is a number one condition (running and completely original) which is also called museum quality, it is worth $6700.00. The Royal Enfield motorcycles were plagued with quality issues and are not valued highly. If the bike is a number four condition it is only $900.00. Be careful with this if you are trying to buy it. There is one on Ebay now and it is at $2500. I assume that one in storage for twenty five years will need a complete overhaul. If you do this then do not disturb the patina of the engine or bike parts. It is worth more original than refinished. There is a man in Chicago with a 62 that has been completely restored and is only asking $6200.00.

:farmer:

They want 7k right off. Don't know how long since started. Not locked up. There is rust in tank. TOO much money I told him and he didn't seem to care for that idea. Probally a good one to stay away from.

Yes, Dan, leave it alone. They are waayy over priced. Rusted junk isn't worth much. Top price #1 condition is $6200. Probably and estate issue and they believed the guy with the bike as to its condition.

NO this is a British vertical twin engine with 700 CCs. A very problamatic motor due to Lucas Electrics and Royal Enfield quality issues.

Sylvester.......Inline 4 cylinder....1200+cc made in 1933 or 1934?....at least that's what I was told?

Dan said in his initial post that it was a 1962 Indian Chief. That is all I had to go by. Royal Enfield wound up with the Indian name in the early 50's and then they went south in the early 60's. If there is new info let us know.

Dan said in his initial post that it was a 1962 Indian Chief. That is all I had to go by. Royal Enfield wound up with the Indian name in the early 50's and then they went south in the early 60's. If there is new info let us know.

Shows how much I know about Indian Motorcycles.....I didn't know they made a inline 4 cylinder....until Dan stirred my curiousity and I did a search....then a friend sent me the picture that I posted. "Interesting":confused24: