IGNORED

Here's a new one....Help!!!

BoomerCPO

When I first arrived in La. last year (2010) to "restart" my life I joined quite a few Dating Sites looking for a decent woman. I was honest in all my Profiles and included recent pics of myself and my bike.

I met my current lady (Donna) by way of one of these Dating Sites last October(2010) and we have been very happy together.

My question which begs an answer/help is this....Is it possible for someone to steal my Profile/pics and pose as ME on the Internet for nefarious purposes ?

How do I find out who is doing this....and more importantly....how do I stop this?

I should add this for clarification: Someone is posing as ME to set up meetings with random women; chatting with these women etc......and heck yes it is creating problems for me with the love of my life.

Regards.....Boomer

When I first arrived in La. last year (2010) to "restart" my life I joined quite a few Dating Sites looking for a decent woman. I was honest in all my Profiles and included recent pics of myself and my bike.

I met my current lady (Donna) by way of one of these Dating Sites last October(2010) and we have been very happy together.

My question which begs an answer/help is this....Is it possible for someone to steal my Profile/pics and pose as ME on the Internet for nefarious purposes ?

How do I find out who is doing this....and more importantly....how do I stop this?

I should add this for clarification: Someone is posing as ME to set up meetings with random women; chatting with these women etc......and heck yes it is creating problems for me with the love of my life.

Regards.....Boomer

Anyrthing is possible. I would contact the dating company plus I would cancel my membership or at least change my passwords for the sirte.

No personal experiance, but I would think you could contact the affected sites and have them pull down the imposter accounts.

My problem at this point is that I don't remember all of the Sites.....I was a busy old coot on the Internet when I was looking for that "special lady".......sigh.....

Try logging into any site you can think of where you may have been in the past. If you can get into any of the accounts, change the password right away then contact the owners of the site.

Good luck finding this person and getting rid of them.

It sounds like they are NOT using one of your accounts...more likely they are using your name and pictures they copied.

Unless you can actually find the new you online, you have no chance stopping it.

Once that stuff in in the public domain...anyone can use it...for any purpose they want and you can't control it.

I'm not saying the MAY..as in legal or moral or ethical...I'm saying they CAN.

If they are using your name, you can google yourself and try and find all the sites your name appears on.

Thanks guys....I have been wracking my brains trying to remember all the Sites....and there were a LOT of them I am sad to say!

I always thought that when you closed your Account at these Sites everything pertaining to your Account would be deleted.....obviously not so!........Sigh

Boomer.....who really is lost in this computer stuff.....:confused24:

It sounds like they are NOT using one of your accounts...more likely they are using your name and pictures they copied.

Unless you can actually find the new you online, you have no chance stopping it.

Once that stuff in in the public domain...anyone can use it...for any purpose they want and you can't control it.

I'm not saying the MAY..as in legal or moral or ethical...I'm saying they CAN.

If they are using your name, you can google yourself and try and find all the sites your name appears on.

That is the most likely thing which is happening....The biggest question for me now remains WHY?

Boomer.....who cannot be more depressed than he is now......

Boomer.....who cannot be more depressed than he is now......

DEPRESSED????

I've never met you...but You must be a studmuffin or something if they guy is using your pic to score with the ladies!

:witch_brew: :clap2:

Mine would just scare them away!

tineye.com is a reverse picture search. download your pics that you used and it should pull up a list of any sites that have that photo.

Thanks 4T....It looks like I am going to expend a lot of time and effort to put an end to this crap before it happens again.:shock3:

Dang Boomer see what trouble you can get into without even trying.

Good luck getting out of this one. Maybe he won't have much luck using your pic, maybe he will stop using yours and find someone else's photo. :rotf:

Brad

Well after hours of work on the computer there is a light at the end of this darn tunnel.

Thankfully for me my lady Donna has not believed any of the crap that has been thrown our way in this matter.

Boomer....who sez even the pygmies would not stoop so low as to prank me like this....and if they did there would be bloodshed.:whistling:

Dang Boomer see what trouble you can get into without even trying.

Good luck getting out of this one. Maybe he won't have much luck using your pic, maybe he will stop using yours and find someone else's photo. :rotf:

Brad

I'd send him your pic my friend but IMHO you are uglier den me....:shock3:

Boomer....:rotf:

google your name in quotations, with the returns select images and look at the pictures. If you see a picture of U click on it. When it opens click on the x and it should take you to the page where the picture resides.

If you put it there you can remove it, if someone copied it and is using your identity and likeness you can report it to the webmaster and ask them to remove it. If they will not you can involve law enforcement, depending on your PD and their ciber skills you may stall here. A good department would contact the owner of the site and try to determine the dns of the poster.

Another strategy is to out them on the same service they are trying to use. . .