IGNORED

I am NOT Bashing

pick

I am not bashing HD, I own one, and its even one of "THOSE" AMF bikes. 31 years and still runing strong. Anyways, I digress.............Took a rode trip with two HD Ultra's something something something??don't know all the specif code designation? FLHSTCUC$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$, but I know he bought it two Sundays ago and dropped just over 36K. $36,000.00 36K???????

Sorry, I just can't fathom dropping that kinda change on a scooter, well, about 75 miles into the trip, just outside of menlo on our way to Lookout Mountain, he has to pull over, saying his bike ain't charging. We all take a look, AMP guage is running a steady 10V, no change on revs. Turn it off, it starts? Turn it off, now it won't start? Cranks, no spark, no fire? Cartersville HD comes, picks up the bike with a trailer, follow back to stealership. turns out he needs a new stator? 5-10 days for delivery? REALLY?!!!! Spend $36K and already a STATOR!!!! Not appoligetic, nuthin! Find a way home now ,thank you.....WOW, but they have some nifty looking coffee mugs in the showroom, nothing for my bike?

Well, it was priceless, the place was packed! Had a band playing, vendors, and he had to throw a leg over MY RSV and ride out bit*h on the back with him leaving a two week old 36k bike behind!!!!! Sooo, if you have ever read one of my previous rants about the factory, today just reloaded me with fresh ammo!

Ride safe my friends

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not bashing HD, I own one, and its even one of "THOSE" AMF bikes. 31 years and still runing strong. Anyways, I digress.............Took a rode trip with two HD Ultra's something something something??don't know all the specif code designation? FLHSTCUC$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$, but I know he bought it two Sundays ago and dropped just over 36K. $36,000.00 36K???????

Sorry, I just can't fathom dropping that kinda change on a scooter, well, about 75 miles into the trip, just outside of menlo on our way to Lookout Mountain, he has to pull over, saying his bike ain't charging. We all take a look, AMP guage is running a steady 10V, no change on revs. Turn it off, it starts? Turn it off, now it won't start? Cranks, no spark, no fire? Cartersville HD comes, picks up the bike with a trailer, follow back to stealership. turns out he needs a new stator? 5-10 days for delivery? REALLY?!!!! Spend $36K and already a STATOR!!!! Not appoligetic, nuthin! Find a way home now ,thank you.....WOW, but they have some nifty looking coffee mugs in the showroom, nothing for my bike?

Well, it was priceless, the place was packed! Had a band playing, vendors, and he had to throw a leg over MY RSV and ride out bit*h on the back with him leaving a two week old 36k bike behind!!!!! Sooo, if you have ever read one of my previous rants about the factory, today just reloaded me with fresh ammo!

Ride safe my friends

OK, now I get it. At the first of your thread you say you own a Harley. This led me to believe you where riding one, but glad you mentioned later that you where riding an RSV. But either way, I feel for that fellow. As you say, a lot of money for a scoot, then to have the bike break down. But that is OK, this happens with all brands I'm sure.

Seems that quality control is becoming a serious problem every where. The companies are trying to cut corners and save money. The work force is not what it used to be either. It's a shame, but people just do not care anymore. You see this in every thing.

Fuzzy

Well I was going to say something but figured I keep my mouth shut for now since I may be taking my new to me Valkyrie I/S on a 1,500+miles trip first of Oct.

I know he must feel sick spending that kinda of $$$$ then having to ride home on a RSV as a passenger :headache:

:crackup:

Guest tx2sturgis

As many times as the space shuttle broke before, during, and after its flights, we KNOW that cost has very little to do with reliability.

Random failures occur, especially when were talking electrical parts.

Its the ongoing QC issues I have a problem with, whether its the rear shock on my Venture, or the cam-chain tensioners on the HD twin-cam motor.

Interesting as another member here just got a new to him HD and has the same issue. I cannot imagine putting out $36k for a bike then having a stator failure in the first couple of weeks. I'd be asking for my money back. That's outrageous.

I hope they do more than replace the stator - they better find out WHY it failed or he'll end up stuck again.

They don't even have one in stock????? Wow. That sucks.

Did they at least fall over themselves apologizing?

The least they could do was give him a free mug or something. :whistling:

Wow, the really NICE car I could get for 36k. I'm dreading paying $20k for a new car (we need one soon). Glad you were there to help.

Personally I think the dealer should have offered a bike to ride until his is fixed. He spent big bucks on this scooter and only had it a short time. What if his vacation was on this bike? Most HD dealers have a rental fleet. At the very least should have taken him home.

I've been hearing good things about customer service at HD dealers around the country. I guess this one didn't get the memo..

As far as the failure goes.. like has been said.. can happen to any brand at any time..

Unfortunately it seems all the manufacturers share a problem and needs to address. The Gold Wing , IF you buy one will definitely need a better set of Neck bearings.They will wobble on decel sooner or later and yes after fighting Honda they will replace...with same JUNK. But I put in All Balls Bearings to fix it once and for all.(While I was at it updated the front springs for $75.00 more).The RSV in most peoples cases the rear shock,and it seems HD on the stator. NOT CUTTING ANY bike down just an observation that the manufacturers SHOULD address the reoccuring problems.

I go on a harley web site weekly. There have been a lot of problems with stators. But that's not all. A couple of years ago the crankshafts were cracking. It was so bad the harley guys were saying the cranks were made out of silly putty. The attitude of the dealers has changed some but there are still many that think they are doing you a favor selling you one of their bikes.

In 09 my son bought a used 08 Low Rider...In 10 he was having charging issues. Took to dealer and they replaced battery and ran dianostic. He paid the bill and 3 days later, no start. The dealer picked it up and worked on it and said fixed, happened 2 more times after that. We called HD factory and they gave us a number to give the service manager. HD factory called us back and said stator was going bad when getting hot. Replaced at no charge after warrenty was over by a year. The only time my son had a bill was the first time it went in. No argueing with mother HD or anything. They fixed it for free no questions asked. I have a 09 Ultra with 16,000 miles and only a couple of minor issues that the dealer has taken care of after warrenty was over. And I hear you guys complaining about argureing with mother Yamaha about issues under warrenty. Like others have said, you can have problems with any new bike,but we are happy with HD service so far.

I would have demanded a bike to use, and then let the two dealers work out who was going to pay for it.

If not, I would have rented one or asked to take one for a test drive, before I rode out of that parking lot on the back of your RSV as Bi*%%.

A friend went and bought a brand new Harley last year. At about 300 miles the belt broke. They towed it in and replaced the belt and he was bragging about the $500.00 shop credit he got, mind you that was just about the same as the towing charge. He totally missed the point that no bike should break down in the first 300 miles. I saw his bike again a couple of times, in the back of his pickup. Stator perhaps?

Saturday evening after Church the wife and I ride to down town Ft Myers. The city does a great job of Art Walk, Music Walk and Bike Nights that welcome bikes. So I'm backing the 07 RSTD against the curb and I realize my wife is talking to someone. He then asked me if we were leaving (so he hadn't been there that long) and I said we just got there. He then starts telling me he has one like ours but it was light tan in color so I ask if it was a Venture since I wasn't familiar of that color in a RSTD. He replied with a "what?" So I say you have a Yamaha and he said no he had a Harley like mine. Then I tell him that my bike is a Yamaha and he says oh and wanders off I think somewhat embarrassed.

So I guess what I'm trying to say is the HD boys are a confused bunch!!!!