IGNORED

green light triggers

has anyone tried the green light trigger magnet you stick to bottom of bike? do they work? and would a strong magnet stuck near engine cause any problems with the bikes elec. systems i have completly stock 83. I am curious as i have 1 intersection thats on my way home and when its late hardley no car in site .and i have tried every section of the dam sensor, it just won't pich up a mc. i have even talked to hwy dept's manager of town and even the one at state level, just got the same ole "we'll check on it "

has anyone tried the green light trigger magnet you stick to bottom of bike? do they work? and would a strong magnet stuck near engine cause any problems with the bikes elec. systems i have completly stock 83. I am curious as i have 1 intersection thats on my way home and when its late hardley no car in site .and i have tried every section of the dam sensor, it just won't pich up a mc. i have even talked to hwy dept's manager of town and even the one at state level, just got the same ole "we'll check on it "

I was always getting stuck in left turn lanes with the '83. One day a bunch of us were visiting the local BMW shop and the service manager talked me into one of those 'new improved' magnets... I went out and zip tied it to my center stand leg. Left hand hang ups were no longer an issue. The only time I would get hung up is on one of those mechanical triggers that needed a cars weight to make it go. Plus around here a lot of the left turn controls are now radar controlled. I haven't had any problems with the '99 because of that.... maybe???

Find yourself a Neodymium magnet. Also know as a rare earth magnet. I have a 2" round on the bottom of the frame on mine. They rust very fast, so dip them in rubber or coat it somehow. It works. DO NOT get your finger between it and where you attach it to.

Ex

Find yourself a Neodymium magnet. Also know as a rare earth magnet. I have a 2" round on the bottom of the frame on mine. They rust very fast, so dip them in rubber or coat it somehow. It works. DO NOT get your finger between it and where you attach it to.

Ex

:sign yeah that:

I also put this N52 magnet on my center stand and all of my traffic light problems went away. There are a lot of people that have put tiny or whimpy magnets on there bike a then declared that magnets make no difference. You need a big powerful magnet to get the job done reliably.

As a bonus I have pulled several screws and nails off of the magnet that I can only assume were headed for my back tire. To mount it I put some double sided foam tape on the magnet and then just stuck it on the center stand since that it the lowest point on my bike. Mine has been on there for 3 years now with no issues.

As mentioned handle these magnets carefully they have the power to hurt you bad. they will also mess up older TVs or monitors from several feet away and do permanent damage. so you want to even pay attention to where you put the package. I feel sorry for the person that may have had a computer or other device with magnetic media nearby on the delivery truck.

For rust protection I just painted mine black Rust-Oleum.

Ex

One more thing. They can be very brittle. Let them slam together or to a piece of metal, and chances are they will break, so be careful.