IGNORED

Mechanic Needed pls help

Can anyone help me with finding a good mechanic close to Columbus, Ohio who can get my 1987 1300 venture royal started and running and road ready. It has had a lot of work done to it and has a new TCI, but the current mechanic is tired of working on it and I must pick the bike up. pls contact me if you can help, I can be reached by email. jgsmith_57@yahoo.com

Any info you have would be helpful and welcomed, Thx in advance. :fingers-crossed-emo

Here is some more info on bike above.

James (buckeye29) has one of the Ignitech TCI I am selling. He came to my house and picked it up. It was in my bike and running when he was here. The mechanic says bike needs a new TCI to correct rough running. Bike will start with old TCI, but when Ignitech unit is put in it won't start. One thing I thought of was that maybe at some point in bikes prior life was that the motor had been changed from the 87 to a 90-93 version. If it has been changed to 90-93, the Ignitech can be modified to work, but not as it is now configured. I have not heard back from the mechanic on verifying the serial number of the stock TCI. If it has a prefix of 41R, it is still a 4 pickup coil motor, but if it has a 3JJ prefix then it is the single pickup. James says he has the service manual that has what appear to be a log of work done to bike and no indication of a motor swap.

Gary

Found the problem as to why the bike would run with the stock TCI and not the Ignitech unit. The connector from the pickup coils to the wiring harness was very dirty. The Ignitech unit ties the four pick up coils together in to two pairs and uses two inputs into the TCI. This creates a wasted spark input similar to the 90-93 Venture TCI's use. Bike was barely running with the stock TCI and when Ignitech unit was put in it didn't receive signal it was expecting. After contacts cleaned in the connector, new TCI ran as it should. I took it for a short ride and bike felt good in mid & upper RPM ranges.

The mechanic that has the bike can now, with it running get the carbs cleaned and serviced & the bike back on the road.

Gary

Great Job Gary!

It is a pleasure to see a vendor stand behind the products he sells. I know that because of recent medical conditions, you are not in the best of shape, so for you to "suck it up" and get out there and find the problem with a fellow VR.ORG member's bike was a HUGE effort. I commend you for this effort, especially when your own motorcycle is in need of completion.

GOOD JOB,:thumbsup2:

Earl

Great Job Gary!

It is a pleasure to see a vendor stand behind the products he sells. I know that because of recent medical conditions, you are not in the best of shape, so for you to "suck it up" and get out there and find the problem with a fellow VR.ORG member's bike was a HUGE effort. I commend you for this effort, especially when your own motorcycle is in need of completion.

GOOD JOB,:thumbsup2:

Earl

:sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that: