IGNORED

Biketoberfest 2011 - Are you going?

jrsain

We have done Bike Week in 05, Biketoberfest in 2010 and are thinking about going again this October. In the past we have tried to connect with other VTX owners, which is what we were ridding then. We now have a 07 RSTS and would like to meet others with like bikes for swapping ideas, maintenance procedures and mod's. It was always difficult to get very many VTX's together at one time. I'm not sure why it was so difficult, I think many riders ride with their friends regardless of what they ride rather than a group of like brand bikes. Anyhow as time goes on and there is interest of getting together lets share cell numbers and where we all will be staying.

Below is the evolution of what I have ridden since moving to Florida, 01 Shadow, 03 VTX 1800, back surgery, hip replacement, 06 Yamaha Majesty scooter, 04 HD 1200 Trike (I built and hated it), 03 VTX 1800 and now the 07 RSTD.

Funny how our minds work, my wife got going on this thinking it would be a nice treat for me. Yesterday I asked her "so you are excited about going back to Daytona?" She answered me with "I thought it would be something you would really like to do". I told her I was thinking of some place new for a fall trip. Now we are thinking of going to the Upper Keys or Tarpon Springs area.

Sorry if this was misleading to anyone.

Edited by jrsain
Not going to Daytona.

I will be down with a group of people. I have been going to Bike Week and Biketoberfest since like 02. Great Bands, AWESOME people watching, and pretty nice trailer queens to look at. Traffic does get pretty thick sometime but I have never waited 20 min to get into Destination Daytona or the Speedway. I will be down sometime thursday, depending on when I leave. Everyone enjoy and Ride Safe, there is a lot of "bikers" that only trailer to rallies and ride around so they aren't that experienced and are sometimes dangerous.

I went last year and never again. 20 mins to get form the Interstate to J&P and that was a quick ride.

Was that during Bike Week or Biketoberfest? There is a big difference I believe, being that Biketoberfest is far less congested. As far as the 20 min ride, that sounds like Main St. We Don't go for the party, it's just fun to be around so many bikes and to ride in that area with the large amount of water front restaurants. The biggest thing about all the bikes is if you can imagine it, you will see it. BTW during Biketoberfest last year we went to J&P twice and drove directly there with exceptions of traffic signals.

• 4 weeks later...