IGNORED

Pics of my '83 - Warning, lots of pics

motorcycle.jockey

I've been here for a bit and finely got around to posting some pics of my '83 Roayle. She was a non runner when I got her in March. I got the important systems up and running, like the radio. Still more to do.

This is my second Venture. The first one was an '83 standard which I sold about 6-7 years ago, still can't figure out why I sold her.

IMG_20110809_123443.jpg

IMG_20110809_123510.jpg

Left faring

IMG_20110903_152307.jpg

Right faring

IMG_20110903_152214.jpg

Left saddle bag

IMG_20110903_152253.jpg

Right saddle bag

IMG_20110903_152232.jpg

Trunk

IMG_20110903_152335.jpg

Mud flap, With brake applied

IMG_20110903_155215.jpg

His eyes flash also

Windsheld (not my style)

IMG_20110903_162933.jpg

Edited by motorcycle.jockey

Nice bike.. do you need any more safety chrome?

Well I do have 3 chrome pieces that are not currently on the bike. :whistling:

Still not as bad as my Sportster.

This is how I bought the bike. Still deciding on what accessories to keep and which ones to get rid of. Also deciding on weather or not to repaint her, although it will be a wile until I can afford to do that.

So far all I have done is mechanical repairs. My next task is to rewire all the accessory lighting.

As long as you're getting into the wiring for the lights, and it looks like you are already wired up for the lights on the saddlebags, here is an idea for those bag lights and maybe for the radiator covers.

Not too much money for the lights, Wally World, and mine have been on the bike of over 3 years with no failures. 3 LED's each and fit like they were made for the bike. Well ok, some minor fitting issues but damn close.

:2cents: for my cheap suggestions.

Mike

IMG_0368.jpg

IMG_0370.jpg

I personally like to use wire myself. :smile5:

Ok, ok I give. I couldn't pass that up.

I ran the wires down the inside the bag and then through a section of flex tube past the hinges then up the back of the bag. I drilled small hole in the rear of the bag near the mounting pins to run the wires out the back. I used a two wire plug in connector (trailer type) on the back of the bag to make removal simple. Just plug them into the wiring loom I made for the running lights.

I will also be patching in LED strip lights on the inside to light them up at night when I'm digging for stuff.

On the inside I secured the wires in place with metalic duct tape to protect them. Once I get the liner installed in the bags like I did in the trunk, you would never know they are there. I has held off on doing the bags until I was sure the liner work I did in the trunk was going to hold up well. It's been a year and it held up fine. So bags this winter.

Mike