IGNORED

Custom Dynamics

XV1100SE

On my '08 RSTD there are no 1157 or 1156's. That is what I ordered originally and had to exchange them. The front lights have 3 locking pins on them. If you tell them you need the 3 pin base for a Yamaha they'll know what you are talking about. BAZ15D-3 is the part # they use for the lights, 7507 are the lights on the rear if you are only using them for turn signals.

That's a 2008, mine is a 1999. I'm gonna have to take out the bulbs I have in it to be sure but I'm pretty sure they're just the 1156 and 1157.

But thanks for the info on the later models as others who pass this way can take advantage of it.

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the Custom Dynamics site they show how to tell which bulb you have. Pull one from the signal light and compare it (my first post had the link - http://www.customdynamics.com/bulb_i...ation_help.htm)

As for "not DOT approved".... I saw that but figure better to be safer with the brighter lights. As was mentioned, I don't think a cop would be able to say it wasn't DOT approved just by how bright the lights were or that it was a run/brake/turn light in one housing. Doubt they'd really care.

I agree a cop would likely not know DOT approved but what they will know is that if your rear turn signal lenses are clear and showing red LED's it is a violation. All rear facing red light must have a red lens covering it. Makes little sense to me. Red facing rear is red by any other method. I bought the Dynamic Clusters for my rear and doubt I'll ever be stopped for having non-DOT approved or clear lenses.

LED turn signals with Dynamic Clusters on rear are on and working. Wiring the extra run / brake light wire was the biggest part of the job. At least it's all hidden like it should be. I did have a challenge with the equalizers. Found out I had it right all along but didn't know it cause I didn't start the bike to test the signals. They flash normal when the bike has the amps up. Could be an indication I need a new battery or could be normal for this bike. I do find a very interesting thing though. Occasionally the bike throws in a fast flash pattern then back to normal. Kinda cool actually. I checked all the connections, they are tight. I'll wait and see if it hangs around after I've had a chance to ride a bit. I haven't gotten to ride in almost two weeks. I do keep a battery tender on it all the time when garaged. We'll see.