IGNORED

Advice on new(to me)bike

wecruz

its an 07 rsv in beautiful condition,45k, 10,995.

My gut tells me to buy it before its gone.....according to blue book its about 600 high but as i stated this bike was meticulously taken care and could pass for new. Is there anything I should be aware of?

its an 07 rsv in beautiful condition,45k, 10,995.

My gut tells me to buy it before its gone.....according to blue book its about 600 high but as i stated this bike was meticulously taken care and could pass for new. Is there anything I should be aware of?

If it wuz me I'd check the saddlebags fer pygmies....:whistling:

Boomer....who sez more learned folks will chime in and tell ya if its a good deal or not.....and going with yer gut will get ya overweight.:rotf:

probably the biggest thing is to take it for a good test ride, to check for clutch basket whine. Its not common to have it bad enough to affect the ride, but it has been known to really spoil someones ride on the odd bike.

Also, get under the bike and check for oil on the rear shock, if its not perfectly free of oil, its probably going to need a new shock at about a 700 buck hit to your wallet.

BTW there are 2 G2 ventures in the Classifieds section here with less miles and lower price than what youre looking at. BUT a good deal is whatever you figure it to be. If its the right bike for you, youll be willing to pay more for it...http://www.venturerider.org/classifieds/showcat.php?cat=4

Brian

Edited by friesman

It really depends on where you live, what you're looking for and how comfortable you are with the seller.

RSVs sell for at LEAST $10,000 around here, most around $12,000 to $13,000. We just bought our '06 RSV for $11,000. As soon as you hit Quebec or further west, the prices drop to $9,000. Sigh.

The bike we bought was well cared for, always stored inside and it was so pretty!! LOL

The whine is definitely something to look for. It was horrid on one bike we took out for a test ride. So glad we didn't buy it.

So if it's not an impulse buy and you're confident this bike was very well cared for and it won't put you in bankruptcy to buy it, I'd say sleep on it a day or two and see how you feel. If you still feel good about it, then... :080402gudl_prv: