IGNORED

Taking wife for first ride. (on the bike)

Lil Venturous

Like it says about to go on our first ride on the 86 VR. Going with medium in the air ride at first I think. Rode it about 300 miles so far and it is doing good.

She rode on the back of my 2001 FZ1 once and did not like it. She has rode some through her life just not with me.

Should go good, but my legs are still weak from the ride I got earlier for my birthday. :whistling:

Also wondering about fixing the intercom, Tryed dads and with his intercom it was mono from both sides and put here voice in the center of my brain.:rotf: I do love her alot though.

Go easy on the throttle....make frequent stops....use the scenic roads if possible.....Riding as a passenger is not a easy task for someone who is not used to doing so. Teach her to be an extra set of eyes on the road as well as a Navigator to help you reach your destination. The more enjoyable you make the ride for her the quicker she will relax and really enjoy doing this with you.

Boomer....who sez if ya can't handle incessant "chatter from the back" then lose the intercom idea....:whistling:

Rode about fifty miles this earlier with her. She did real good back there. Almost forgot she was back there. Will have to work on smothing my shifts a little more, I am used to things like my FZ1 and CBR which rev quickly and have way better transmissions and shifers. It was enjoyable and when I asked if there was any arm issues since she has no real arm rests she said no. Asked if any issues and she was ok with it but did say she stared at the back of my head on this ride. I told I stared at the back of her head on my earlier ride this morning so we should be equal?

No sure if I will get to ride again tonight after my comment though.

My wife is not a real avid rider. She has bad hips and just can't handle long rides....mostly, she does it because she loves me.

I'm slowly convincing her to go on longer and longer rides....with frequent rest stops of course.

Sometimes it's a PIA. I'd like to just go!

And her asking me to watch out for this or that can get a bit tiresome....but I'd much rather have her with me than not...so you just have to accommodate some things.