IGNORED

VentureRider.Org

CaptainJoe

No good on the flashing green light.....that's used by volunteer firefighters...at least in Ontario.

Red is emergency vehicles....blue is used by snow plows, yellow is tow trucks.....

Most other colors I could think of are too close to what is already being used.

Someone suggested a banner on the ariel...but lots of folks do that.

Why not put a banner on our helmets mounted on a 12" flag pole.

Not only will you be recognizable, but you will develop neck muscles like a linebacker!

No good on the flashing green light.....that's used by volunteer firefighters...at least in Ontario.

Red is emergency vehicles....blue is used by snow plows, yellow is tow trucks.....

Most other colors I could think of are too close to what is already being used.

Someone suggested a banner on the ariel...but lots of folks do that.

Why not put a banner on our helmets mounted on a 12" flag pole.

Not only will you be recognizable, but you will develop neck muscles like a linebacker!

Geez

You guys have your colors all mixed up in the great white north.

Here the colors are;

Red and/or Blue is Police.

Red and white is ambulance and fire

White is school bus

Yellow (amber) is tow trucks, snow plows, road work of any type, and just generally means caution.

I have never seen or heard of a flashing green light used for anything on the road in the USA.

But the green might clash with my Burgundy scoot. Green and red makes mud brown.

Thanks condor , I checked the domed black and chrome ones out and they look good. Especially with my midnight...

Squidley, I'd be intersested in seeing yours also... will be looking fo them...

Perhaps...

Just perhaps, I'm looking at this all wrong...

Maybe what we need is an antenna pennant with the venture rider logo.

That way you could see it from a distance and not have to designate a spot for it...

One could always decide where to put it... the Radio, or, Cb antenna... :)

where can i get an antenna for my RSTD to fly that pennant?? :whistling: :confused07:

saddlebum, trader "I was thinking of putting the www.venturerider.org on the lower part of my windshield and MAYBE on the trunk box."

Lower windshield and trunk would be excellent places for some people. In fact that would be my first choice... Everyones bike is different. It would be impossible for me to put a decal on the lower windshield as it has 3 windshield vents in it. The trunk depending on wether its a 1st or 2nd gen, limits the places you can put it as well, not to mention some have things painted on their fairing, tank and trunk.

A well done tasteful pennant I believe would be the best bet.

If not, I could always order 3 dome decals and place under the yamaha logo on both sides of my gas tank and one on the trunk centered on the lower half(2nd gen)

Ryana7769,"How about we all wear a flashing green light on top of our helmet? that would make it very easy for everyone to recognize! :whistling::whistling::whistling::rotf: "

Hummm, that would be easily identifyable but so would this...:rotf:

Ok,.........forget the light....we all get these helmets!!!

Geez

You guys have your colors all mixed up in the great white north.

Here the colors are;

Red and/or Blue is Police.

Red and white is ambulance and fire

White is school bus

Yellow (amber) is tow trucks, snow plows, road work of any type, and just generally means caution.

I have never seen or heard of a flashing green light used for anything on the road in the USA.

But the green might clash with my Burgundy scoot. Green and red makes mud brown.

Well since I got a midnight....how about a black light?

Naturbar, "where can I get an antenna for my RSTD to fly that pennant?? :whistling: :confused07: "

at any radio shack. I installed a CB on my 650 VStar. CB came from walmart 29.99, antenna and precut cable came from radioshack. figured CB was cheap enough to replace every year at that price(although if you cover up with a gallon ziplock it'll last ya) heck some people do that with our weatherproof CB/radio heads on the RSV. go figure

Or.

you could do a car type suction cup mount...

• 2 months later...

29 is what we use as Ventureriders for the CB channel, and I have had Venturerider stickers made that I have sold for years. I need to get that back going again and put them up in the classifieds

:scratchchin:

YES....YOU DO. I'll take 1 please. And one for the inside of the back window of the car. (Honda Civic...will it stick?) :thumbsup2:

Thomas

YES....YOU DO. I'll take 1 please. And one for the inside of the back window of the car. (Honda Civic...will it stick?) :thumbsup2:

Thomas

:sign20: I have some here at the house, let me make a reminder for myself and we'll see if we can make this happen...no really I promise! They actually go on the outside of the window, but I could probably see if one can be reversed to go on the inside of the windows if enough folks wanted something like that.

:sign20: I have some here at the house, let me make a reminder for myself and we'll see if we can make this happen...no really I promise! They actually go on the outside of the window, but I could probably see if one can be reversed to go on the inside of the windows if enough folks wanted something like that.

Sounds like a good thought Squid. My last of the line Pontiac G6 needs something back there.

Hey guys,

This is an old post.

My intent was to develop a way so that we could identify a fellow Venture rider from a distance, advertize our group and display our cb channel.

Origionally got the idea while reading numerous "is this one of ours" posts.

In the beginning there was a lot of reisistace as to designating a spot to put stickers/decals. Hence the penant idea, in fact I believe it is the best place(highest) to have one.

For the pennant idea to work it would have to have Dons blessing, a little design work, and a minimum order of 200-250? with all proceeds going to the venturerider.org, the same as any other merchandise.

Of the over 12,000 members here, there were only, a few that showed any interest in 2 1/2 months. At this point the prospect is unlikely.

Edited by CaptainJoe

I think it's a great idea but we haven't done well with VentureRider flags here. I designed one and have one on my bike and we had a guy that was making and shipping them on demand. I think he went out of business but the last I talked to him, he had received very few orders.

I already have one but would sure buy another one if we come up with another source. The ones that I was having made were just a black flag with our Venturerider logo in silver. Mine has held up very well over the years.

I agree with everyone that when I see a RSV I wonder if they are one of the guys I talk to or if they even know about the site. But I would never put a sticker on my bike. I like the business card idea but that would only work if you were talking to the person. The banner for the antenna is a cool idea. Im always amazed when you ask if they know the site, and they dont.

• 10 months later...