IGNORED

Oklahoma ice storm hope all is will

heatonmt

i talked to my brother in Tulsa today , no power and very cold , he has 1 small lp heater and sleeping bags , said the power will be out for another week or ten days , he ask how much power it would take to run his frig. i told him none ,put it out side , it will stay cold . anybody here from rosebud yet ? or anybody in OK or Kansas ? you all stay safe and hang on summer comin !!!!

Thanks for the prayers. We were lucky we only got the outer edge of the storm but still alot of ice. Its pretty much gone now with the warm temps here but futher north was hit the hardest. Talked to my Mom in Mustang Okla. she said my brother and sister was without power and may be out for the next few days They live around Norman & Mustang.

The trees were cracking and poping luckly we never lost power.

Hope the photo turns out OK - photo is of trees in our pasture covered with ice

buddy

Phil and I are doing fine. We lost power off and on all day on Monday, but never for more than a couple of minutes at a time. It's been on steady ever since then. The ice is unbelievable, we've never experienced anything like this having only been in OK a few years. We have a lot of ice damage with the trees in the yard. I'm including a few pictures for your viewing pleasure.

1. Neighbors pine trees bent to the ground with the weight of the ice

2. Downed tree limbs around the driveway

3. Downed tree limbs on the side of the hill - city had an end loader move the trees off the road in that area today

4. Downed trees in the front yard

5. Thousands and thousands of beautiful icicles hanging from the pergola on the deck.

we made it thru with no major mishaps.......over 24 hrs straight of freezing rain......it finally stopped last night and then the wind picked up. It was eerie listening to the trees creek and snap from the ice when the wind started last night. They did an excellent job on the main roads here, but everything else was covered in ice......lots without electric around the KC area but we never lost ours thankfully........heres a cpl pics I snapped this morning of our trees and bushes they arent hanging as low as yesterday......2nd day of no school.....Haylie is going stir crazy.

I hope all are okay. Hate to say it but after a ice storm the ice looks real nice, however I jope no one gets hurt. Nice photos.

A few years ago Quebec got nailed with a bad ice storm. A friend was without power for 31 days. Temperature dropped to minus 30c (-22f) right after.

Best of luck, stay home and safe.

BRad

Guest Yamahawg

Wow, I really feel for everyone that is in the middle of that storm. Earlier this year we were visiting family in Springfield Mo when the ice storm hit. They had a gas furnace but wasnt any good when we lost power. Luckily we found an Inverter in the garage. Ran a wire to the blower on the furnace and were able to supply just enough power to run the blower to warm the house for a little while at a time. The ice storm was devastating to the area. Our prayers are with those enduring this storm.

I was able to call some dear friends of mine in Okla city last night to check on them, and they have power now but did not for two days.

Said they slept on living room floor in front of gas fire place.

Had many tree branches down in thier yard. One fell on roof of house and slide down tearing off the Christmas lights with it but was better than tearing off the shingles or puching a hole in the roof..

Said they had about an inch of ice on thier car and took them a little over two hours to chip away at it to where they could get into the car in case they had to start it to keep warm...

Also said it is warming up enough to where the ice is starting to melt a little and are afraid of floods if it melted to fast..

They said many of the trees (looking down the road) have broken braches and neighbors yards have trees down... looks like a frozen war zone..

Other than that, they are OK...

They said many of the trees (looking down the road) have broken braches and neighbors yards have trees down... looks like a frozen war zone..

Other than that, they are OK...

Yep, that describes most of the neighborhoods around Tulsa too. And to add insult to injury - the weatherman is forcasting 4 - 6 inches of snow Friday night into Saturday.

...but I have a generator, thanks to my neighbor who scored 2 on Wednesday. Amy & I woke up Sunday morning in the dark, and have no power except generator this morning. School's out all week, and winter break starts Monday, so CJ is free (except for his job). Mom & Dad lost power and are still offline; my sister has to get her electric meter repaired (I already repaired mine).

Trees are in sad shape; still a half inch of ice on most of them this morning. Some 60' trees are now 30'. I have a dozen trees down in the yard; anyone want free firewood?

Photos posted on Webshots:

http://community.webshots.com/album/561761701VtjbKH?vhost=community

Things take a lot longer without power. I get home, service the generator, run to the gas station for fuel, help cook dinner, sit down to watch the news & weather & read the paper, and I'm asleep. Wake up in the middle of the night, service the generator, back to sleep for a few hours, wake up & service the generator, get dressed for work, repeat.

Looks like we're in for another round; 3" of snow forecast for Saturday. Looks like the ABATE Toy Run will be postponed again.

Our power went out Sunday night and came back up Wednesday evening. We have gas water heater and gas stove so we had hot water and hot food. I hooked up the generator so we heat, lights and could watch movies on tv but the cable was down so we couldn't watch cable. I have been feeling greatful to have what many in this storm haven't and many still don't. My inlaws stayed for about 3 days as their power in Drumright was out until yesterday evening. My mother is still staying w\ us because her service is still down and we are trying to get an electrician to fix the weather pole @ the house before the utility company will patch service to the house. May be a few more days. I have never seen such widespread devistation to trees and powerlines and houses that trees have fallen on. It is the worst power outage in Oklahoma history. It looks a lot like the damage from a tornado. I pray that fellow ice storm survivors are safe and if power is not restored that it will be soon. If there is anything I can do let me know. Thanks for all the concerned fellow ventureriders members sentiments. Babye!