IGNORED

Condor's in the House

Condor

Geesh - it took you long enough - I've been home for 4 hours even after getting stuck in a mess on Hwy 80 - turning around to take Hwy 5 to 160 - only to get stuck in the Pear Festival in Courland. The battery didn't die again on the way to the house now did it - :stickpoke: - :rotf::rotf:

Geesh - it took you long enough - I've been home for 4 hours even after getting stuck in a mess on Hwy 80 - turning around to take Hwy 5 to 160 - only to get stuck in the Pear Festival in Courland. The battery didn't die again on the way to the house now did it - :stickpoke: - :rotf::rotf:

First things first. Turn on AC.. Break out the cargo shorts... sandals on.... Recliner in blast off position... Zzzzzzzzz... :sign20:

The ZZZZ's are an important part of any after trip wind down. Its kind of like a conditioned athlete that warms up before an activity and winds down after. You just cant get back from a trip and jump into regular activities, it just aint good for a person....lol!

Glad to hear youre back home safe and sound......(that sound you hear may be your own snoring......lol):stickpoke:

Thanks for everything Jack,.... you and Vic and everyone pulled off a fantastic rally!!!!

Brian

Finally got home around 10 last night, hit the humidity somewhere in Nebraska........

Dimmer switch went out somewhere between Casper and Scottsbluff Neb, spent the night and a side-of the-road wire-around for the headlight in Bayard, Neb Friday night (Thanks Squid!). If I wouldn't have wired up your trailer light harness, I wouldn't have had the wire to do that Jack! I guess things happen for a reason!

Great time, as Jack says, back later for reflections and pics!

Hello Dano: We arrived home Friday night. If I had known you were nearby I would have gladly helped. Could have put you up in Scottsbluff for the night. We met Gary on the road near Lisco on Saturday morning. We were in our pickup coming back from Ogallala. Sure was nice meeting you. I learned a lot by watching you work on Condor's bike. Take care...Mark

Thanks for the offer Mark, we didn't know it was out till we left the bar/ restaurant in Bayard, dark by then, the only town around that had a motel(?!), we were going to make Ogallala but thats all right.........

Finally got home around 10 last night, hit the humidity somewhere in Nebraska........

Dimmer switch went out somewhere between Casper and Scottsbluff Neb, spent the night and a side-of the-road wire-around for the headlight in Bayard, Neb Friday night (Thanks Squid!). If I wouldn't have wired up your trailer light harness, I wouldn't have had the wire to do that Jack! I guess things happen for a reason!

Great time, as Jack says, back later for reflections and pics!

Glad the wire helped Dan, but it's me that needs to thank you. After my murdering two battery's (I should have been arrested for 'Assault on a Battery'... ) it was you.. with help from the peanut gallery... that got me back on the road with the Indian Rectifyer R&R. :), and then got me legal with the trailer wired up..... :thumbsup2: BTW: Never a hiccup all the way back. :sign woo hoo:

:clap2:

I'm home in Georgia. Logged 4700 miles since leaving. The venture ran like a champ.

Missed a turnoff going accross the badlands after leaving Mt Rushmore on Saturday and wound up on a 20-30 mile stretch of construction where the road was dirt and sand and gravel and heavily rutted crossing the Pine Ridge Indian reservation. Maybe the worst long road I've ever had the misfortune of travelling. I survived, but came close to a wipe out a couple of times.

I'm glad I went to the Lttle Bighorn on Friday. The trip accross the Bighorn Mountains on hwy 14 was one of the most memorable scenic rides. And the Little Bighorn historic park was better than I had been led to believe.

There was a VR mini rally at Crazy Horse on Saturday. At least 3 Ventures in the parking lot. Wrongways, mine, and a Midnight with Canadian plates.

Glad you got fixed. I know if anyone had the tools and know how it would be YOU!!!! Take care till we meet up again...Mark

Thanks for the offer Mark, we didn't know it was out till we left the bar/ restaurant in Bayard, dark by then, the only town around that had a motel(?!), we were going to make Ogallala but thats all right.........

Glad everyone got home in one piece..!!!!! Great Rally & really nice to make some new friends. At this age it's pretty unusual to make so many new friends. All due to the ventureriders.org..!!!! Thanks

Randy I can't believe you burned it home so quick. Glad you had a great return trip & didn't have a wipeout on the dirt detour.

Mark, Lee & I had an uneventful return to home, although we had some detours too.

Looking forward to meeting up with you all again & some of the other members somewhere down the road.

Black Owl invited us to come to the "Poke in the Pines", & I think I've got Babe talked into it. Now if I can find out some of the particulars, I will make more definite plans. Anybody have any info?

C Ya, Patrolman46 :bobby: (AKA Graderman46)

We made it home this afternoon, the last couple hours in the rain after 16 dry days. Logged 5,489 miles on our trip. We stayed at Ft. Collins Co after we left a couple days and rode up Rocky Mt. Had a great time at the rally and meeting new and old freinds. Thanks to Vic and Jack for putting it together. Pics to follow after resting and sorting them out.

Jack, sure enjoyed chatting with you.....hope you keep catching fish and sharing stories.

We enjoyed the fruits of your efforts in Cody and offer a grand thank you.

Thanks Irv. The recliner and I got re-aquainted all day yesterday. Youse guys are the greatest.....

Hey Randy Glad youre home safe and sound, and not more than medium rare.:smile5:

it was great meeting you and wandering around Wyoming with you, thanks for all your hospitality!!!

Brian

I'm sure I'm at least well done.

We seemed to have a good crew at our cabin last week.