IGNORED

Gonna have to watch this one!

Yammer Dan

• Replies 897
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If your "Better Half" is as Great as my Warden is and she comes out to help you when you are doing something like laying the top plate to sit trusses on tell her she shouldn't stand on ladder to hold Treated 2x8s and when she drops 2x8 in place without making sure BOOB is not resting on top of block!!! I offered to kiss it and make it better!! That had to hurt!! Stopped her for at least two minutes!! I LOVE that LADY!!!

I now have 26 trusses, 40 sheets of OSB, 40 sheets of metal,Fascia, soffit, Drip edge, F channel, Synth underlayment, Ridge Cap,2x6s 16 ft and 12 ft,screws and nails scattered all over the place. I need a nap. You would think they would send somebody to help that kid unload!! I won't need a workout today. I've had mine!!!

Went out looked at it yesterday. Had a top plate board that looked like a Elf's shoe on the end. Curled up til sitting trusses on it would not have been good. And was on end where Gable end truss would sit. Removed that one to fix it said the He** with it and took the Warden to dinner. Maybe back at it today. Between garage, working out and school I'm so sore I walk around like a old man!! Can't have that.

You place one side of truss the top of block then go to other side carry it up ladder. Sit it up til it won't fall over. Measure that siderun down ladder goto other side. Up ladder, measure move as needed. Go to other side and ckeck. Nail down and plum. Take Break!!! Repeat. 26 times!!

You place one side of truss the top of block then go to other side carry it up ladder. Sit it up til it won't fall over. Measure that siderun down ladder goto other side. Up ladder, measure move as needed. Go to other side and ckeck. Nail down and plum. Take Break!!! Repeat. 26 times!!

Dan,cut 2x4 's to fit in between the trusses on the top plate....

This makes it alot easier for one guy to do it.

14.5" for 16" O.C. 22.5 for 24" O.C. iirc

Keeps the spacing uniform and then you only need to plumb them...

Dan,cut 2x4 's to fit in between the trusses on the top plate....

This makes it alot easier for one guy to do it.

14.5" for 16" O.C. 22.5 for 24" O.C. iirc

Keeps the spacing uniform and then you only need to plumb them...

That is the plan Dan. Gotta go back and put my Lookouts in for overhang (Fly?) rafter. Should have cut notches for them before I put Gable truss up. Got so many numbers running around in my head hard to keep up with them. If i cut the 2x4s I should only have to plum Gable end and check once in a while? I think.:think: