IGNORED

Gonna have to watch this one!

Yammer Dan

The Lowe's here is still pretty new and the staff is just as helpful as Home Despot, but I have noticed that across the board the Lows prices are 5-10% higher than Menard's or Home Despots.

Menards has the best prices but Home Despot has staff that know what they're talking about

• Replies 897
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only thing I've seen is one Lowes employee told me they give Vets discount every day. Home Depot only on Holidays unless you have service connected disability. But they told me when I checked prices for Roof I would get discount. When I went to check out they claimed no discount. I went to Manager and got discount anyway because they had promised it to me when they did est. on trusses. 180 buck discount.We need to complain about only giving on holidays!!

Not much difference at all.

Building headers for Garage Doors tomorrow. Maybe painting. Hope to order roof Mon.

Warden is pointing out that I'm over budget..Hey I was a gooberment employee!!!Normal operation.

Edited by Yammer Dan

I went today and got roof. I was looking at things and trying to cut corners here. Warden looked at me and said "Stop It" You want this thing RIGHT!! So thats what I got!!The building can fall down and this roof will probally stay right there!!! I love that woman!!

Now if I can remember were everything I ordered goes I'll be OK. It will be done when I get all this togather. That is except for Paint, work benches,ceiling, shelves......

Dan make it good and solid. If a bad storm is coming you need a good storm shelter to run to. Nothing brings peace of mind like a bomb shelter full of first gens. Just save enough room for you and the warden if needed.:cool10::cool10:

She has already mentioned that!! She is scared to death of storms!!

What's this,, camera broke again? How many times do I have to tell you, if we don't have pictures it didn't happen or it's not happening,,,, what ever,,,, fill us in here, we are all supportive,, well kind of,, some of the time..

Gable end Rafters?? Can't remember what they are called. Sitting here trying to think thru roof before it gets here. I've dug it out of storage files (my head) and can remember most of what I need to do.

Put down top plate and Sill sealer for trusses to sit on. Fasten to J-Bolts in block.

Mark top plate for trusses to sit on.

Sit trusses and plum. Use something to hold them til sheeting is put on. Try to remember how to build gable ends. Got 2x6s coming for gable end rafter. Probally could have done 2x4s? I knew this 45 yrs ago!!

Place sheeting. 19/32 OSB How close does sheeting go to Ridge rafter?

Put roofing underlay on next.

Place Metal Roofing

Place Ridge Cap

Attach channel for soffit to block. Place soffit Fascia Board. Place Soffit. Drip edge. Or does Drip edge go on before metal?

Probally forgot about a dozen steps!!

Edited by Yammer Dan