IGNORED

Led 1157 bulb ?

Would like to know if anybody has changed out their 1157 bulbs over to led 1157 ? Reason I'm asking is I changed out my two brake light bulbs over to Led which put out a lot more light and less draw on battery but in turn it sets off the light indicator on the dash stating I have a bad bulb. So has any body came across a Led bulb that does not set off the indicator light? I already changed my trailer over to led so now I would like to do the same for the bike.

buddy

I dont know about the bikes and it may need to be checked into but on big rigs when lights are changed to LED we have to reprogram the LCM (light control module) to look for a lower currant draw range to keep it from thinking there is either a short or burned out bulb. Check with the OEM to see if it is possible to reprogram this parameter in the bikes module.

i have done the same thing , the only cure i have found is a small piece of black tape

See I knew you still had Oklahoma remedies. Only Thom would make that remark but it sounds awful good right now.

True electrical or duck tape fixes most things. Looks Like I'll be doing the thom440 fixer upper. If that's OK with you Thom

buddy

Covering up the red flasher will also cover up anything else that may go wrong and you maybe kicking your butt later, better to fix the problem at it's source and give some more draw. Put in two more brake lights and see what happens, it may give enough draw for the sensor and still be less than OEM and then give the added advantage of having more brake lights. I have LEDs ordered for mine but I have 4 extra bulbs on my light rail and two extra LED strips. Will let you know how that works out when it comes in the mail.

BTW when I used the LEDs in my brake light I was not happy with the results, ok at night but not worth a darn in the sunlight, couldn't even see the change while looking at them, let alone if you weren't looking directly at them.

Covering up the red flasher will also cover up anything else that may go wrong and you maybe kicking your butt later, better to fix the problem at it's source and give some more draw. Put in two more brake lights and see what happens, it may give enough draw for the sensor and still be less than OEM and then give the added advantage of having more brake lights. I have LEDs ordered for mine but I have 4 extra bulbs on my light rail and two extra LED strips. Will let you know how that works out when it comes in the mail.

BTW when I used the LEDs in my brake light I was not happy with the results, ok at night but not worth a darn in the sunlight, couldn't even see the change while looking at them, let alone if you weren't looking directly at them.

Depends on the type of LED you use. I use the Radientz 1.85 inch they are very bright day and night but you need one of those resistor things for LED that will make your warning light go out but if you use it I guess you have no advantage in electric savings.

I replaced my taillight bulbs with LED 1157s and experienced the same problems; monitor light on and not as much light as claimed. On sunny days, I was not pleased with the illumination of the LED; so bottom-line is I took the things out and went back with the regular bulbs. So, not I am adding a 15 inch dual intensity LED strip light just under the travel trunk to add more light especially brake lights. In my opinion, that is when you really want to be seen by the fools behind you in their Escalades talking on their cell phone and playing with their laptops. I was going to go with the 1.85 LEDs but what would had been the purpose; same amount of light with the standard 1157s.