IGNORED

We have 10 days to fill!

GothicJB

My fiancee and I are taking 10 days starting this coming Friday (June 24) and going to head out on the bike with some camping gear and see where the road takes us.

We are leaving from Mpls, MN ... any suggestions or advice are welcomed...

Thanks in advance for you advice and suggestions.

We will keep you all updated on our journey :)

J

yep ... swapped out the rear res with the one from my parts bike ... it was broken and (rubber epoxied and hose clamped !?!?) ... see that original thread for pics of what I found.

Thanks for asking though :)

ok ... here is our tentative route :)

If any of you are along the way and wanna meet up for some coffee or at our campsite to share some stories, let me know where you are and what your thoughts are.

We do need some info on campsites, haven't found any yet (just starting to look) we are heading to St. Peter, MN first and staying the night with friends, the to Eau Claire, WI on saturday and staying the night there with some friends... then a drive all the way out to Michigan and would like to camp at or by our first destination there (Bond Falls, MI) - Not opposed to stopping for the night a little short of that either :)

Any suggestions or advice are welcomed as always.

thanks for the campground list ... very helpful ...

we decided to leave on monday after I get paid our last payment from one of our clients :) ... I'll update you all on our trip if I can. Added a cigarette lighter to the bike so we can charge our phones and use our gps and a mount for it on the tank cover :) ...

*side note* choosing not to bring some type of pad to sleep on so we could save room... bad Bad BAD idea! Walmart here we come!

Off to Itasca state park today to walk across the Mississippi then off to Duluth.

So...

1083.1 miles, 3 states (including MN), sunburn, windburn, 2 campsites, 2 hotels and my beautiful woman pressed against me the whole way... AWESOME! Rolled in at home about 2:30 am sunday morning and remembered how much I love our bed.

Sorry for the lack of updates on the last 2 days ... not much reception on friday and road about 7 hours on saturday (last 2 hours after stopping for a bbq with friends in Eau Claire).

All and all we had a great time and the bike handled it great. I'm definitely very happy that I traded my truck for this bike :) ...

on a side note ... forgot to check helmet laws so after stopping for gas in Michigan about 15 miles into the state, we realized EVERYONE was wearing helmets ... 100+ degrees and a full face helmet was really rough not being used to wearing one.

Thanks for the tips and help, you guys helped make our trip a success and wonderful experience ... BTW if you are ever rolling through Marathon WI, stop at Kurt -n- jo's eats-n-treats ... tiny little restaurant but they have great hand scooped icecream, and their burgers and slaw are the best :)