Ready to order an Elite 3 front tire.

Question is since the front of my bike is lowered 1", would I get an additional improvement in handling by putting the "MT90" on, or should I stay with the "150"? :confused24:

MT90 is what... a 130?

If that's the case, see my post re: levelling links versus 130 tire.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=60704

I think you've got a similar situation except instead of levelling links, you've lowered the front.

When I bought my bike the first thing I did was put the Avon 130 tire on front. I thought the low speed handling was fine, never had a problem. I never thought the bike tracked very well on the highway tho, steering felt very lite, but I guess I got use to it, when came time for a new tire put another 130 on, and it still seems lite on the highway. I had the opportunity to drive Jonas bike home, with a brand new set of tires, 150 on the front, really didnt notice any difference on slow speed handling, but the highway ride was way better, tracked perfectly, rock solid at 80 and it was the first time I felt comfortable taking both hands off the bars. When I need a new front tire, I am putting a 150 on. If you do most of your riding at highway speeds, I think the solid feel of the 150 is the ticket.:080402gudl_prv: Craig

When I bought my bike the first thing I did was put the Avon 130 tire on front. I thought the low speed handling was fine, never had a problem. I never thought the bike tracked very well on the highway tho, steering felt very lite, but I guess I got use to it, when came time for a new tire put another 130 on, and it still seems lite on the highway. I had the opportunity to drive Jonas bike home, with a brand new set of tires, 150 on the front, really didnt notice any difference on slow speed handling, but the highway ride was way better, tracked perfectly, rock solid at 80 and it was the first time I felt comfortable taking both hands off the bars. When I need a new front tire, I am putting a 150 on. If you do most of your riding at highway speeds, I think the solid feel of the 150 is the ticket.:080402gudl_prv: Craig

Exactly the same for me... totally agree!

You'll find many of us agreeing to Craig & SilvT's statements. If most of ones riding is in the twisties and mountains then they will like the 130 series better.

Larry

Maybe... maybe not.

With the 150 and the levelling links, I aggressively tackled some pretty tight twisties last Sunday and it was every bit as easy as when I had the 130 on yet I felt more secure... but that may have been due to having new tires front and rear too..

You'll find many of us agreeing to Craig & SilvT's statements. If most of ones riding is in the twisties and mountains then they will like the 130 series better.

Larry

But Larry you are on a TRIKE!!! :stickpoke::stickpoke::stickpoke::stirthepot::stirthepot::stirthepot:

I have run both sizes, personally I will never go back to the 130 for the reasons stated above. I never felt the bike was solid on the slabs and we did a lot of slab running. The 150 has more meat to the ground and we dont get blown around as much....

:2cents:

But Larry you are on a TRIKE!!! :stickpoke::stickpoke::stickpoke::stirthepot::stirthepot::stirthepot:

True there but I did have the bike on two wheels a couple/three years ya know. Lowering the front does create about the same effect as going to the 130 series tires. I did give the 130's a try thou and with my style of riding prefered he stock 150's.

Currently on the trike I'm running a rear 150 Dunlop for the extra rubber. So far it's holding up quite well I might add with just a tad over 10 k on it.

Larry