IGNORED

Back from Americade

Gary N.

We made it home today after a great week in Lake George NY. Burned a few tanks of gas riding the back roads in the area. It was really hot for most of the week and rained all day Saturday. We tried out a Victory Cross Country and a Honda GL 1800 trike and just missed getting to ride a Can-Am Spider. Saw lots of RSV's in and around the area while we were there.

I was there Tue night thru Fri am. I also test road the Victory cross country and loved it. There wasn't anything I didn't like about it. I rode the blue one with the tour pack and high windshield.

Road the Stratoliner and it handled well and had lots of power but I really didn't like it.

Rode the Vaquero and really liked it except for the brakes. It would be a toss up between it and the Cross Country.

I also rode the Streetglide which had plenty of power and handled nice but I felt cramped up on the bike. For what it costs I wouldn't buy one.

All in all my RSTD fits me better than most of them.

I've been a regular at Americade for years but the weather is always iffy there at this time of year. It was so bad in 06 that I went down on Sunday and came home on Tuesday: Should have stayed home since I totalled my bike (and myself) on the way home that year with a rear tire blow out. I missed this year and wouldn't you know it, the weather was perfect. I'm already looking forward to next year.

Don't know how many of you noticed, but on the cover of the official program there are 2 RSV's right up front!!!!!

Yup, picked up on that right away. I've never seen so many RSVs in one place except for Don's MD.

We made it home today after a great week in Lake George NY. Burned a few tanks of gas riding the back roads in the area. It was really hot for most of the week and rained all day Saturday. We tried out a Victory Cross Country and a Honda GL 1800 trike and just missed getting to ride a Can-Am Spider. Saw lots of RSV's in and around the area while we were there.

Welcome back to Ontario. Glad to hear you had a good trip but did they check for lemon slices again at the border?

Welcome back to Ontario. Glad to hear you had a good trip but did they check for lemon slices again at the border?

NO, the Canadian border guards only care about booze and smokes. It's the U.S. Fruit and Vegetable Police you have to watch out for. Once they get those lemons out of the country they don't want them back.

And all I do is sit here dreaming..always workin..Glad you all had a good time..Tell Mary I did 700 + miles since Monday in this 102 degree heat..I think she would need a fire truck spraying her in this weather!

And all I do is sit here dreaming..always workin..Glad you all had a good time..Tell Mary I did 700 + miles since Monday in this 102 degree heat..I think she would need a fire truck spraying her in this weather!

I think you're right Tom. I was proud of her though. It was in the 90s a couple of days last week and she didn't complain (too much)....LOL. She had the cooling vest but didn't ever put it on. We're heading to NY city in August so I'll bet she has it on then.