IGNORED

Brantford Ride Night

Marcarl

Playing around with maps This is sort of what I came up with. It seems interesting enough but I haven't been up these roads in years, therefore I am still open to suggestions. I prefer to avoid using the 400 series hwy's unless I have to. Largely because for me they tend to make me think of work too much. crazy as it may sound. The only thing that has become a definite came about with my wifes kind assistance "IF YOUR GONNA BE GONE ALL DAY IT BETTER BE SAT". She works saturday's. sunday is big familly dinner. Mon is, well what can I say she wants us to spend time together. Which if I am lucky could include another ride but it would be a shorter one.

Oh and I beleive I my have managed to get friday off so I can get up early saturday.

That makes for a looong day, 6 hours to get there and you haven't done the park yet. Add about 2 hours for stops and that makes 8 hours, now you have to come back home. You'd best be off on Friday to rest up. From what Evan said, Algonquin is bare now anyways.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would sure like to join you guys for whatever route but I am working at the cottage this week and committed to taking my grandkids to the Rockton Fair (billed as the world's largest fair) on Monday to see the horses.

Fall foliage colour in Algonquin Park has peaked. Heavy rain and some snow this week has increased leaf fall showing bare branches in the canopy especially in the western portion of the Highway 60 Corridor. Fall colour in the eastern portion of the Highway 60 Corridor and much of the later changing sections of the Park is still good. Red, orange and yellow are the dominant colours remaining in tree canopy. Good fall landscape viewing is currently possible and is expected to continue unless the Park receives extremely heavy rain, snow, or strong winds which might cause widespread leaf fall. See the latest fall colour images on Facebook.

Ok! 1st I have friday off so I am all set for an early start and a good long run Saturday. 2nd from the sounds of things my expectations are a little high and Algonquin parks leaf colour ship has sailed. 3rd Sounds like Marcarls route is a viable compromise. Unless someone has a better route. So who is in?.

Ok! 1st I have friday off so I am all set for an early start and a good long run Saturday. 2nd from the sounds of things my expectations are a little high and Algonquin parks leaf colour ship has sailed. 3rd Sounds like Marcarls route is a viable compromise. Unless someone has a better route. So who is in?.

Carl is in for Saturday,,, and Monday as well. I can't believe this,,, a long weekend and I get 2 days riding in?????? Don't tell Marca!!

Carl is in for Saturday,,, and Monday as well. I can't believe this,,, a long weekend and I get 2 days riding in?????? Don't tell Marca!!
Saturday is for sure with early start. I am still working on Monday for a second ride. There is a glimmer that if I play this right Marita may just be up for a ride Monday. Which of course means I get to ride again.

:fingers-crossed-emo

Edited by saddlebum

I could probably meet you guys somewhere. let me know where and what time..:banana:

Somewhere closer to my area...:thumbsup2:

Ray was showing some interest too.....RAY ??

Monday i may be riding again with the local SCRC group to Algonquin.

Abdul.

Edited by chabicheka

Is a ride planned for Monday the 10th as well or just Saturday? Monday I can make... not Saturday. :-(

Wayne & Robin, Carl & Marca and Wayne says somebody else are all planning to go see some color,,, not sure where yet, but we plan an all day thing. We'll see what Thornbury looks like tomorrow.

Can you try that again in English??

Are the four (or is it 5?) planning to ride on Monday? If so... we are in !

Well that would be 3 (three) bikes so far, now you as well, that would make it 4 (four) bikes.

Like I said, not sure where exactly we're going yet, hopefully will know after tomorrow's run, that is Oct 08 2011 ( October, eighth, two-thousand and eleven)

Well that would be 3 (three) bikes so far, now you as well, that would make it 4 (four) bikes.

Like I said, not sure where exactly we're going yet, hopefully will know after tomorrow's run, that is Oct 08 2011 ( October, eighth, two-thousand and eleven)

There is a slim possibility that Marita and I may just join you on at least part of that ride. . . . . Sacrifices will have to made though . . . . . . Somehow I will have to manage to be a very good and well behaved boy . .....ALLLL day Sunday. . . . .I think I can ....I think I can. . . . Man that is going to be a vvvvvvery long Sunday :bang head:

Is there a ride planed for tomorrow???

I am on holidays this week SO I can actually go for a ride and not have to go to work after.

Phantom wife probably won't be coming. Rides are usually too long for her(not comfortable) and she still has a cold anyways(coughs a lot)

Is there a ride planed for tomorrow???

I am on holidays this week SO I can actually go for a ride and not have to go to work after.

Phantom wife probably won't be coming. Rides are usually too long for her(not comfortable) and she still has a cold anyways(coughs a lot)

Evening rides have kind of come to a halt, seeing as just by the time we'd get rolling somebody turns off the Big light. But now an afternoon ride might be an idea, but kind of iffy for tomorrow, seeing as we are expecting some dripping from the clouds.

Anybody got ideas?????