IGNORED

Aussie Annie & Quickstep in U.S.A.

Aussie Annie

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well today Alan and I very proudly stood the line for the first time. We joined the South Dakota PGR and honored an LEO who was fatally shot last week while on duty.

We also donated one of our flags, and it has joined the many " Freedom Flags" standing at the Buffalo Chip campground-- and will be raised every year at Sturgis.

So tomorrow will be our day to go to Mount Rushmore and Custer State Park to see the Crazy Horse monument. So far we have dodged the storms, and taken in the atmosphere of Sturgis. Far out! There are lots of bikes here.....the weird and the wonderful.:)

I finally got my HeliBars fitted. I had booked with the company last year to have them installed at Sturgis. They are amazing!!! Steering has improved so much, like power steering-- and there are so many adjustments. Allows me to sit back more comfortably and enjoy the ride.:)

We did the Badlands today. Headed out this morning, and as we were riding down main street a B1 bomber flew low down the length of the street. Nearly leapt of the Trike!! It was Appreciation Day today in Sturgis for all the services.

Luck ran out, and we had to ride back in the crappy weather.

We did the Badlands today. Headed out this morning, and as we were riding down main street a B1 bomber flew low down the length of the street. Nearly leapt of the Trike!! It was Appreciation Day today in Sturgis for all the services.

Luck ran out, and we had to ride back in the crappy weather.

Provide you with a bike wash and you complain??:duck:

We did the Badlands today. ...

That's some strange real estate. Hope you enjoyed it.

On our trip out to Cody, the long way, we learned that North Dakota has Badlands too. South West corner - two Teddy Roosevelt parks. Less Indian history. Very similar real estate, but prettier. (We'll post pics once we get the 4000+ pics Irene took on the trip sorted out.)

Well, Sturgis over for us :) so headed out Saturday morning and stayed in Norfolk, Nebraska that night...then back on the road, and we arrived at Shirley & Rick's in Eureka, Illinios early evening.

Next we will ride together to B2mom & B2dad's -- then it's off to Vogel rally

Wish I could have made it down to see you guys before you leave. At least muffin made it down to see you.

Big hugs and kisses to both of you. Have a safe trip the rest of the way.

:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Margaret

Thanks for the hugs :big-grin-emoticon: Muffinman sure surprised me! turned around and he was standing there!:thumbsup2:

No, not heading that way. We are going to Whiteman AFB, Missouri on labor day weekend with Don & Patti to see their son, Jason and his family on the base. Then from there we are heading back to Utah to leave Alan's bike...then back to Portland to ready the Trike to ship it home.

When I received a pm saying Annie and Quicksktep were coming to Vogel I was floored, they have traveled all over the US, and now they were going to be at Vogel. I couldnt wait for them to arrive. Vogel was again an international event, there have always been some Canucks at Vogel, but never anyone from so far away. I do believe that having them there made it very special for all the other attendee's. They fit right in with the crazy bunch of people that attend all the VR events. Thank you Annie and Alan for coming to Vogel, you made the event despite having your HD catch on fire!!!

Have a safe trip back down under, and hope to see you guys again soon.

Heading out tomorrow afternoon when Patti finishes work. Leaving Tennessee and heading for the Whiteman AFB for long weekend. Their son is stationed there, and we are invited to join them:) then we are heading through Kansas and Colorado, on our way to leave the 1st Gen with utadventure.

Then it's off to Portland and the last part of this amazing journey. Alan has to return the trailer to Waydes' and then de-bug the Trike for delivery to the shipping agent. We fly out on the 16th.

Heading out tomorrow afternoon when Patti finishes work. Leaving Tennessee and heading for the Whiteman AFB for long weekend. Their son is stationed there, and we are invited to join them:) then we are heading through Kansas and Colorado, on our way to leave the 1st Gen with utadventure.

Then it's off to Portland and the last part of this amazing journey. Alan has to return the trailer to Waydes' and then de-bug the Trike for delivery to the shipping agent. We fly out on the 16th.

Oh yeah, Knob Noster, MO. I was a superintendent on the first set of hangers for the B-2 bomber. What a massive plane! God bless him for his service.

:farmer: