IGNORED

2nd Gen cooling fan override switch

Seems to be a common mod for 1st Gens, I have one on mine; but has anyone seen a need to do this for 2nd gens?

Maybe the 1st gen's temp gauge has made us all paranoid OR the 2nds gen's lack thereof had made us all too complacent OR mother Yamaha has done proper engineering and I don't need to worry about it.

I don`t think over heating is a problem, at least not with my `01, rode home today 40mls around 95 degrees out and drained and changed my anti-freeze about ten min. after I got home, and the water wasn`t that hot... but with out a gauge there is no teling how hot it is getting, maybe others are having problems..

Seems to be a common mod for 1st Gens, I have one on mine; but has anyone seen a need to do this for 2nd gens?

Maybe the 1st gen's temp gauge has made us all paranoid OR the 2nds gen's lack thereof had made us all too complacent OR mother Yamaha has done proper engineering and I don't need to worry about it.

Most of us down heah in Loozeeanner and Texas run the legs off these Ventures in temps ranging from 85-105 degrees. I don't think ya need to be concerned about over-heating way up dere in Noo Hampshure....And yes, I have ridden many summer miles in your State with no heat issues on my Venture.:cool10:

Boomer....who sez yer gonna have problems if ya let those pygmies overheat tho....:whistling:

Guest scarylarry

Been 95+ in Tenn passed few days and my temp according to the gauge is about 210 to 220.

I know it accurate I shot the probe of the gauge and parts of the motor with a infra red..

Was camping last weekend in 111 temps, and came home early in 108 temps pulling my 600 pound camper, and with the extra weight of the Trike kit at full hi way speeds, and no over heating, at least of the Trike I was beat down though,,,,,,,